How to Get Visa, Work Permit, Business Registration in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: how to get visa, work permit, bussiness registration

Post by General Mackevili »

potatohead wrote:i notice no one bothered to answer his question.............I'm curious about the same thing..........I'm not starting a business but want to stay for 6 months.........antone want to give it another try?
Welcome to the forum.

You can still come and get a regular visa on arrival, then go to any travel agency and get a 12-month extension.

There is a lot of scary statements out there, but you can still do this.

Cambodia is still very disorganized, so no matter how many quotes you read from officials, nothing is what we would call "official" in the West.

Best of luck
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: how to get visa, work permit, bussiness registration

Post by LaudJohn »

A business licence is different from a tourism licence. The latter is only needed if you want a tourism related business I believe.

A business licence is in theory required by all business and is issued locally.

Company registration (with the Ministry of Commerce) it is another matter and costs around $3k to $4k. If you have a company registered with the Ministry of Commerce, the business licence is complicated and also involves the tax office. I am currently having mine reissued and it has meant 2 trips from SHV to the Tax office in PP as part of the process. You do not need to have a registered company to have a business, in fact I recommend against it unless you have a particular need, such as owning land, in which case you need khmer shareholders to own 51% of the shares and it adds hundreds of dollars to the set up costs.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

diesel wrote:next month i fly back to pp.

my plan is start to built a bussiness that is operational in decembre.

the visa requirements are still the same? ``bussiness`` visa 1 month at the airport and extension to 1 year at a tourist service?
Yes
diesel wrote:or i need to show a work permit to get a extension??
no
diesel wrote:i read about the new online work permit system, but what kind of papers i need and how does it work? somebody experience with this proces??
a bit of a hassle, need your passport, photos and business details. I had my manager handle it all for me
diesel wrote:1 year ago the goverment had a online bussiness registration system, but i think it not worked out.
so how i can register my bussiness now? and which papers i need??,
refer to my previous post
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: RE: Re: how to get visa, work permit, bussiness registration

Post by Anchor Moy »

General Mackevili wrote:
potatohead wrote:i notice no one bothered to answer his question.............I'm curious about the same thing..........I'm not starting a business but want to stay for 6 months.........antone want to give it another try?
Welcome to the forum.

You can still come and get a regular visa on arrival, then go to any travel agency and get a 12-month extension.

There is a lot of scary statements out there, but you can still do this.

Cambodia is still very disorganized, so no matter how many quotes you read from officials, nothing is what we would call "official" in the West.

Best of luck
Hi Potato.
Ask for "ordinary" visa on arrival - it will be marked as E and not T for tourist and costs $35 instaed of $30. After that, all info should be on the visa thread here:
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/the-roa ... t3860.html
diesel
Expatriate

Post by diesel »

thanks for all answers.

any idea about the price for a bussiness registration?? i no need a company registration.

so infact i can get a 12 month visa, and i no need to show a work permit. But official i need a work permit as i use a 12 moth visa.
and a workpermit i can get with a contract or owning a bussiness? probarly now i can get easily a workpermit and a 12 month visum, but in the near future shall it become more difficult. Thats why i wanna start with a bussiness registration, im sure i can run my bussiness here in the province without any registrations, but i think its a good thing to spend some money now and some energy to get this done.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

get ur company registered first, after that its easy to get visa
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

bolueeleh wrote:get ur company registered first, after that its easy to get visa
What you talking about! Visa is a piece of piss to get...you mean work permit?
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: How to Get Visa, Work Permit, Business Registration in Cambodia

Post by bolueeleh »

yeah sorry i meant work permit
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

usually you would just get the E-Visa and extend it for 6months via a tour operator, cost $165ish, there are plenty of threads with visa/extension prices on :thumb:
there may be some new visas coming through but theres nothing official that seems to have been published yet
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic