Receiving mail?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Receiving mail?

Post by kiwiincambodia »

kiwiincambodia wrote:I just bought a few things from Ebay last Friday, will keep you posted (pun intended) when they arrive.
Just to update the thready, one of my packages arrived today form the UK.

I'm still waiting on the other 3 and will keep you posted (pun intended again) on when they arrive.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wow, thanks
interesting.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I got my last order (21 July) yesterday, the first three items never showed up. I'm only going to order stuff that has registered mail delivery from now on.

I noticed a letter addressed to someone at the house next door on their gate this morning. I didn't think they did street deliveries? Or is that just envelopes?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Receiving mail?

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Just got a phone call and 2 more of my packages have arrived as well.

Will pick them up tomorrow. Not sure which ones they are so don't know where they came from.

Will let you know tomorrow.
Last edited by kiwiincambodia on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

nice for some!
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Have you requested to sort through the cardboard boxes they toss many items into? The SHV Victory Hill p.o.has a couple that are 1m sq. I have found friends pkgs. in there while searching for my own.
You can see all of the V.H. SKV p.o. from the walk up window and it is a MAJOR cluster fuk.

Good luck.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Luigi wrote:Have you requested to sort through the cardboard boxes they toss many items into?
Good luck.
Hmm, I'm not sure they would let me do that at the main PP post office.

All of my items will have my phone number on them (once beside my name in my address and twice more as contact numbers because that's how Alibaba's suppliers print the labels).

Anyway it's just the inconvenience, the highest price item was a $7 charger, (now refunded), it's just annoying I didn't get it because I can't use that netbook without one. Have now ordered another one with registered mail and will see how that goes.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I recently questioned CambodiaPost about the "Fees" charged by the Sihanoukville PO every time I picked up a package. After a back and forth and out and out lies, people in PP said it was for "storage" and sighted from the Universal Postal Union manual (United Nations treaty.) I told them most of my packages are EMS with a tracking number, I track and pick them up the same hour/day they come in thus no storage, and all "fees" according to the UPU are paid at country of origin. The answer I got was that America is a rich county and Cambodia is poor thus the fees. I told them corruption is corruption no matter what you call it. No answer to that one. If this is going on all over Cambodia, it amounts to some real money for the PO employees.
CambodianDevil
Tourist

Post by CambodianDevil »

Are things like a charger difficult to get in Cambodia? Seems like so many weeks is a long time.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

CambodianDevil wrote:Are things like a charger difficult to get in Cambodia? Seems like so many weeks is a long time.
If its like this one yes:

However if its like this, then a few bucks from the market.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic