A Spanish Woman Arrested In Relation to Black Monday Faces Deportation

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: A Spanish Woman Arrested In Relation to Black Monday Faces Deportation

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

No they definitely ride brooms i once had a race against one on my magic carpet

មិនដេលកុហក មិនដេលយំ
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: A Spanish Woman Arrested In Relation to Black Monday Faces Deportation

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:No they definitely ride brooms i once had a race against one on my magic carpet

មិនដេលកុហក មិនដេលយំ
...Or you were watching Harry Potter while in a K-hole. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodian Official Claims Spanish Activist Is A Witch, Internet Baffled

When Spanish activist and researcher Marga Bujosa Segado was deported from Cambodia on August 16, it was a terrible blow for civil society. She was arrested for attending a protest (on behalf of two other activists), and was promptly carted off to jail, a move many say violated her universal rights of free speech and assembly.

Getting arrested in Cambodia is about as unpleasant as it sounds, but unlike other Westerners, The Cambodia Daily recently learned that Bujosa Segado got the full treatment: a beating by police officers, who kicked her in the torso and stomach.

While arrested Westerners are often spared this indignity (unlike Cambodians) they seem to have made an exception in Bujosa Segado’s instance. Why was this the case?

Because she was probably a “witch.”

Or at least that’s what The Cambodia Daily reported when they spoke with Major General Heisela, who said police officers were worried when she started taking photos of them.

“We were worried she might be a sorcerer and then take photos to do black magic on our stomachs,” he said.

“Everyone knows the Spanish practice magic,” he said. “They can fly on brooms.”

full-story...........http://www.forbes.com/sites/erinhale/20 ... d85950513f
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

the problem with cambodian officials is that we dont know they are being sarcastic or an idiot, they could go either way when things go south on the other
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I have a feeling they honestly believe witches fly on broom sticks.

I saw it on Hot Fresh News Cambodia's Facebook page so it must true.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

witch or not; and i do not discount the probability, she and other barang should point their sharp and nosy noses at problems in their homeland rather than meddling here in things that are none of their biznis.
dopey cunt,
i believe the broomstick flying btw.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote:witch or not; and i do not discount the probability, she and other barang should point their sharp and nosy noses at problems in their homeland rather than meddling here in things that are none of their biznis.
dopey cunt,
i believe the broomstick flying btw.
Whether or not she is a witch, the Cambodian authorities should avoid using this as an excuse on why they are beating people that are taken into custody. It looks silly and it looks barbaric. I don't think it was ironic, unfortunately.
We all know what happens to witches here. In the end, she was probably lucky to get deported.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Username Taken wrote:Image
2/ We know because of the all the newts.
Apart from being a witch, Marga has things to say. She is much less confrontational when she writes, but definitely has a :fuckyou: style.
From My Gut: Reflecting on My Deportation From Cambodia
by Marga Bujosa Segado | September 1, 2016

The Facts
My given name is Margarita, my family name is Bujosa Segado. I am a Ph.D. researcher at the Women’s and Gender Studies Institute of the University of Granada and an anthropology master’s degree student at the Royal University of Fine Arts in Phnom Penh. I landed in Cambodia in February 2009. Since June 2014, I have been implementing ethnographic research in the Boeng Kak community, in villages 22 and 24.
—Opinion—

As I explained to the immigration police, an important part of ethnography is participatory observation. They didn’t understand. I kept explaining that “this means to observe and describe the experiences you share with the group object of your study.” They were silent. “I do as they do. For example, eating ‘borbor’ (rice soup) for breakfast, even though I like to eat bread, eating ‘prahok’ even though I do not like fish, giving ‘toek mun’ (charity to the monks) even though I am agnostic. Also, joining the demonstrations with a black T-shirt even though I am only documenting them.”...
Full article: https://www.cambodiadaily.com/opinion/g ... ia-117447/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic