Flying to and from Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Flying to and from Cambodia

Post by mammothboy2 »

One's last flight was from Jazan to Dubai on FlyDubai and the on the Great Big State Chinese Airline from Dubai via Beijing to Siem Riep.

Air China will gladly serve wine of adequate quality to steerage passengers throughout the flight (NOT the 5-drinks-cutoff of SOME major airlines one COULD name)

Bangkok Airways can and will check baggage all the way through ... BUT some airlines flying out of Siem Reap do NOT have this deal going so one has to fuss and fart around in Bangkok bloody enormous Airport (hiking from one place to another with carry-on luggage is like enrolling at West Point or Sandhurst) when flying on elsewhere

This is a discussion about food

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... travellers
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Flying to and from Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

mammothboy2 wrote:... (NOT the 5-drinks-cutoff of SOME major airlines one COULD name)...
I've never heard of that limit. Thought it was all or nothing.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Re: Flying to and from Cambodia

Post by mammothboy2 »

On the Istanbul to Bangkok route a steerage passenger is lucky to get a sixth bottle of airline wine from the trolley dolly; it may or may not be written policy.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

People can actually get the attention of a flight attendant five times?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: RE: Flying to and from Cambodia

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

General Mackevili wrote:
mammothboy2 wrote:... (NOT the 5-drinks-cutoff of SOME major airlines one COULD name)...

I have never encountered such a limit, normally get through plenty more than that just on the short flights from the sandpit to Dubai.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Flying to and from Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

timmydownawell wrote:People can actually get the attention of a flight attendant five times?
Haha, true story.
PSD-Kiwi wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:

I have never encountered such a limit, normally get through plenty more than that just on the short flights from the sandpit to Dubai.
I usually prefer not to drink much on flights, generally, but have definitely gone over 5 from time to time.

I just recently took a few flights on Air Asia and Jet Star, and didn't even get water or peanuts without whipping out a credit card. All good, unless they do yet another screening at the gate and take all your liquids again. Bastards.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: Flying to and from Cambodia

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
timmydownawell wrote:People can actually get the attention of a flight attendant five times?
Haha, true story.
PSD-Kiwi wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:

I usually prefer not to drink much on flights, generally, but have definitely gone over 5 from time to time.

I just recently took a few flights on Air Asia and Jet Star, and didn't even get water or peanuts without whipping out a credit card. All good, unless they do yet another screening at the gate and take all your liquids again. Bastards.
when i flew with jetstar from bangkok to melbourne it was a 9 hour flight so i pre booked/paid for the in flight entertainment and in flight meals, when on the flight i was denied my in flight entertainment and in flight meals because i hadnt printed off my itinerary to prove that i had pre booked them :please: i was fuming! (and hungry) to make it worse there was a screaming baby on our row that screamed the whole 9 hour flight :BangHead:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I fly out to SE Asia with Emirates, sit near the galley at the back & am happy to get up to ask for a couple of cans of beer each time I want them, rather than sitting on my arse waiting for a cabin crew member to walk 15ft to get them for me :)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I just fly business on Emirates, problem solved. Though they did tell me once when I asked for a beer that no alcohol could be served before take-off. If I would like a glass of Champagne instead......
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

jaynewcastle wrote:I fly out to SE Asia with Emirates, sit near the galley at the back & am happy to get up to ask for a couple of cans of beer each time I want them, rather than sitting on my arse waiting for a cabin crew member to walk 15ft to get them for me :)
Exactly what I do too, plus I nearly always get a row of seats to myself at the rear of the plane. Sometimes lucky enough to get a free upgrade to Business class, but if not, back of the plane near the galley :thumb: :beer2:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic