There's a New World's Longest Flight

Travel plans, advice, trip reports... we want to hear it all.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: There's a New World's Longest Flight

Postby Raybull » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:57 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Bertros wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:tbh ive had longer bus journeys, at least you have the inflight entertainment, free alcohol, food, decent toilets and can go for a walk about,
some of the long bus journeys have been hell

hope it was worth it. don't think I would ever manage it.
I have trouble riding the bus from PP to snooky!

cheers

Bertros :hattip:

longest trips on busses i had was from my apartment in SHV to my home in Hua Hin, took 20-24hours in total inc changeovers
used to do it back and forth once a month,
its no wonder i fly everywhere now
only bus i take now is from PP>SHV/SHV>PP can do it in 4 hours if you miss the rush hour traffic either end, otherwise it can take 6 %)

That's nuts! A mate of mine, I think you met him in Kampot, was flying back to NZ after working there for a while but coming back here a month on business, was informed that his work visa had been just cancelled by his previous employer while transiting KUL on a one way ticket (yeah he's not the smartest one when it comes to visas and international travel, amongst other things). Anyway it seems the last minute KUL-PHN flights were quite expensive and his finances were meagre, so he bused it all the way back without a stopover, 40ish hours he told me! :shock: I'm sure if he was a bit more 'aware' he could have worked out something decent. He also had booked a AKL-KUL-PHN on air Asia on his way here initially without knowing it transited in Australia (he had no visa), although to his defense it was kind of a hidden transit when I looked at his ticket afterwards, but needless to say, he was fucked on that trip too. :facepalm:

Bertros
Expatriate

Postby Bertros » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:21 am

Luigi wrote:
Bertros wrote:
Luigi wrote:Sorry! My memory failed. We stopped in Moscow. The flight time is correct but not non-stop.

How is the Moscow airport BTW?
I've thought about going that route a time or 2 if flying from euro to SEA.
Just wondering if it has some decent eats/drinks or places to stretch out a bit?
other things?

cheers

Sorry Bertros, I have little memory of DME. Obviously eh!
We were there only to on/off & security check.

cheers Luigi. Not sure I'd ever go to Russia (Moscow) on purpose and just sort if thought about as a way to check it out. still might one day and try to figure a long enough layover (like one of those 20-24 hour deals you see once in a while) to check out the city. What I really didn't want was to go through DME and find out they didn't even have shitters! (Or some other such nonsense--they are Russians after all..... :evil: )

A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Bertros
Expatriate

Postby Bertros » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:24 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Bertros wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:tbh ive had longer bus journeys, at least you have the inflight entertainment, free alcohol, food, decent toilets and can go for a walk about,
some of the long bus journeys have been hell

hope it was worth it. don't think I would ever manage it.
I have trouble riding the bus from PP to snooky!

cheers

longest trips on busses i had was from my apartment in SHV to my home in Hua Hin, took 20-24hours in total inc changeovers
used to do it back and forth once a month,
its no wonder i fly everywhere now
only bus i take now is from PP>SHV/SHV>PP can do it in 4 hours if you miss the rush hour traffic either end, otherwise it can take 6 %)

I could not have done that.... I need to shit at least every 20 to 24 hours and I can't on a bus.
bet you didn't even get frequent flyer miles out of it! :shock:

cheers

Bertros

A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
rozzieoz
Expatriate

Postby rozzieoz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Qatar have announced a direct flight from Doha to NZ- 17 hours 30 minutes - it will be the longest flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bolueeleh
chinky chink chank

Postby bolueeleh » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:21 pm

yeah, more time for orgies in the crew cabin :beer3:

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money