I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by General Mackevili »

I've been waiting for a very long time to buy the Note7, and as we all know, it's been recalled.

I was even thinking of getting one while they were still exploding across the globe, but when they BANNED them on planes that was the final straw.

I love the stylus that comes with the Samsung Notes, but the only real reason I ever use it is to cut and paste text from apps that you usually can't highlight without using the stylus, but I guess I'd manage in life without that single feature.

I recently compared my Note 4 with someone's iPhone 7 Plus and it was quite a nice experience.

It was as smooth as a phone could get, and the colors were just amazing in pics, etc.

I've already talked to some friends who have/had both an iPhone and a Samsung Galaxy, and there are definitely a few things I guess people feel like they lose when going to the iPhone, but not a whole lot.

One example was that when you set an alarm in Android, it flashes how long until that alarm will go off. Again, small stuff.

Anything else I should consider before making the switch? Seems like a pretty important life decision, and I should run it past all of you before I go through with it.

And can someone correct me if I'm wrong on this: I am under the impression that if I have a PAID app which I needed to pay for before I download it, I'm shit outta luck and will have to buy it again on Apple if I want it again.

However, if the paid app is based on logging into an app which is free to download (meaning the "pro" features only show up after you login, like on Tinder), I should technically be able to continue paying for them on the Google Market and use them on an iPhone, as long as I login with the same account.

Google Music for example: It's free to download from both markets, but I pay $8 a month through the Google Market to have the pro subscription. I should be able to login with the app on an iPhone and have my pro account still, right?

Anywho, I've never been more tempted to switch to an iPhone as I am right now, and it's only because of Samsung's huge fuck up with the batteries on the Note 7.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by phuketrichard »

i'd never buy an apple product, they suck u into using everything thats theirs and u cant replace the battery

I brought a Asus phone, ,after 2 weeks hated it (to dam big and it was only 5") so found an Old/new nokia 700 ( 3 1/2screen) that i had had for 5 years on ebay an brought that and gave the asus phone to gf.

i do have a 7" Asus tablet that takes 2 sims for traveling and love it ( has all the apps i need including the kindle app and maps me

Why pay for music when u can get everything for free??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by ExPenhMan »

I threw in the towel with Apple twice. Got a Samsung S4 (then an Apple 4s and 5, which I hated as overpriced and stupidly small) and later an Alpha (then an iPhone 6). The main feature I like with Apple is the writing and editing functions. I make a lot of notes and use the calendar extensively. I could never get Samsung's writing/editing thingy to work smoothly and flawlessly, even with SwiftKey. So I'm back with Apple and am much happier. But I don't use a lot of apps.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

ExPenhMan wrote:I threw in the towel with Apple twice. Got a Samsung S4 (then an Apple 4s and 5, which I hated as overpriced and stupidly small) and later an Alpha (then an iPhone 6). The main feature I like with Apple is the writing and editing functions. I make a lot of notes and use the calendar extensively. I could never get Samsung's writing/editing thingy to work smoothly and flawlessly, even with SwiftKey. So I'm back with Apple and am much happier. But I don't use a lot of apps.

There are plenty of alternative keyboard apps you can get for Android though, you don't need to use the Samsung one.

Apple treats its customers with absolute disdain. The other major manufacturers used to have proprietary charging ports and audio connectors, but they all came together with 3.5mm audio jacks and Micro USB ports. Apple, on the other hand, sticks to its own proprietary charging/USB port and eventually did away with the 3.5 jack altogether. Plus they put chips in their cables and chargers to try and stop people buying anything other than their own genuine overpriced accessories. It's completely anti competitive behaviour. I'd never buy an Apple product, and anyone who does is a sucker. /rant
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

timmydownawell wrote:
ExPenhMan wrote:I threw in the towel with Apple twice. Got a Samsung S4 (then an Apple 4s and 5, which I hated as overpriced and stupidly small) and later an Alpha (then an iPhone 6). The main feature I like with Apple is the writing and editing functions. I make a lot of notes and use the calendar extensively. I could never get Samsung's writing/editing thingy to work smoothly and flawlessly, even with SwiftKey. So I'm back with Apple and am much happier. But I don't use a lot of apps.

There are plenty of alternative keyboard apps you can get for Android though, you don't need to use the Samsung one.

Apple treats its customers with absolute disdain. The other major manufacturers used to have proprietary charging ports and audio connectors, but they all came together with 3.5mm audio jacks and Micro USB ports. Apple, on the other hand, sticks to its own proprietary charging/USB port and eventually did away with the 3.5 jack altogether. Plus they put chips in their cables and chargers to try and stop people buying anything other than their own genuine overpriced accessories. It's completely anti competitive behaviour. I'd never buy an Apple product, and anyone who does is a sucker. /rant
Can't blame you. I went back to Apple holding my nose. However, I did buy a third-party Lightning charging cable at Fortune Town/Bangkok and it still works, chip-less as it is. At least I think it doesn't have a chip.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"VERY close to getting in bed with Apple"

Would that be a Jonathon or Granny Smith. hahaha.

I have a feeling that there are more than just 2 choices, Apple and Samsung. :facepalm:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote:
I pay for the "service," NOT the actual tracks.

It's all right there as I left it, no matter which device I use, plus the radio feature.
Personally, I use Swype Keyboard, and I wouldn't even consider switching to Apple if it wasn't available.
timmydownawell wrote:

Unfortunately, they all seem to be going that way.

I just bought some Bose headphones, and I had to choose between NORMAL, SAMSUNG or APPLE. What shit.

Decisions, decisions...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:i'd never buy an apple product, they suck u into using everything thats theirs and u cant replace the battery

I brought a Asus phone, ,after 2 weeks hated it (to dam big and it was only 5") so found an Old/new nokia 700 ( 3 1/2screen) that i had had for 5 years on ebay an brought that and gave the asus phone to gf.

i do have a 7" Asus tablet that takes 2 sims for traveling and love it ( has all the apps i need including the kindle app and maps me

why cant you replace the batteries on iPhones? me and my family do, its quite simple actually, i replaced the charging port, mic, antenna on mine the other month as well cost me 6 pounds for the parts and fitted them myself

i pay for Spotify Premium, but thats no different for iPhone or Samsung

i used to be loyal to Samsung but recently got an iPhone and once you get used to it theyre pretty decent and smooth and a bit less glitchy than Samsungs can be
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

why do people foam at the mouth when talking babout apple?

haters gonna hate!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

iPhones are for the mentally challenged. I am yet to see proof of otherwise.

General M, I'd you want to spend that ridiculous amount on a phone, get a Google pixel.

If you want a great phone and pay a fair price, get a nexus 6p

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic