I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by SinnSisamouth »

i rest my case
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: I've VERY close to giving Samsung the middle finger and getting in bed with Apple

Post by Duncan »

I bet this phone shop owner is also giving the finger to Samsung ?

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

There are some better phones than Samsung for much cheaper like Xiaomi. Apple stuff sucks expensive and you have to leave your balls as a deposit.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i bought my iPhone 5 for £40
my old Samsung Galaxy S3 i got for £50

i just buy my mates old phones when they upgrade,
i dont give a shit about having the latest phone out,
would never pay the prices some people pay for the latest model
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili wrote:I've been waiting for a very long time to buy the Note7, and as we all know, it's been recalled.

I was even thinking of getting one while they were still exploding across the globe, but when they BANNED them on planes that was the final straw.

I love the stylus that comes with the Samsung Notes, but the only real reason I ever use it is to cut and paste text from apps that you usually can't highlight without using the stylus, but I guess I'd manage in life without that single feature.

I recently compared my Note 4 with someone's iPhone 7 Plus and it was quite a nice experience.

It was as smooth as a phone could get, and the colors were just amazing in pics, etc.

I've already talked to some friends who have/had both an iPhone and a Samsung Galaxy, and there are definitely a few things I guess people feel like they lose when going to the iPhone, but not a whole lot.

One example was that when you set an alarm in Android, it flashes how long until that alarm will go off. Again, small stuff.

Anything else I should consider before making the switch? Seems like a pretty important life decision, and I should run it past all of you before I go through with it.

And can someone correct me if I'm wrong on this: I am under the impression that if I have a PAID app which I needed to pay for before I download it, I'm shit outta luck and will have to buy it again on Apple if I want it again.

However, if the paid app is based on logging into an app which is free to download (meaning the "pro" features only show up after you login, like on Tinder), I should technically be able to continue paying for them on the Google Market and use them on an iPhone, as long as I login with the same account.

Google Music for example: It's free to download from both markets, but I pay $8 a month through the Google Market to have the pro subscription. I should be able to login with the app on an iPhone and have my pro account still, right?

Anywho, I've never been more tempted to switch to an iPhone as I am right now, and it's only because of Samsung's huge fuck up with the batteries on the Note 7.

Quote ]
b]Anything else I should consider before making the switch? Seems like a pretty important life decision, and I should run it past all of you before I go through with it.

Have you considered a Huawei phone. I've heard the CTO Kevin Weng is handing out free ones to special people like you.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

The latest Huawei is apparently pretty good.

I used to have IPhones for a while but as I usually keep my phones for years, I like to be able to replace the battery myself when it gets old. Still very happy with my Samsung Note 3.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

two screws and a bit of care anyone can change the battery on an iphone (pretty sure that applies to the 7 too)
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I switched from Samsung to Apple about 3 years ago. I like apple for the simplicity of the devices. I have not felt held back once and "locked in" like everyone seems to think happens.

I tried going back to Samsung with the S6 edge and hated it. I switched back to my older Apple after about 3 weeks.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

jamie only associates with other apple fanbois
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic