Angkor Away

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
stramash
Tourist
Cuba

Angkor Away

Post by stramash »

I'm proud to announce the launch of my new novel, 'Angkor Away', as of today. It is available in both paperback and digital formats at the links below. This is the first in a series of books set across South East Asia and featuring the adventures of Chamreun, a former Cambodian Air Force Colonel.
"Paul is a graphic designer with a history that has included organising events on the London rave scene and supplying recreational drugs across the capital. Disillusioned by the way the scene has been taken over by organised crime, he turns his back on it and, after a few years working for a prestigious design company, he leaves the UK to travel the world, picking up the odd bit of legal and illegal work on the way.
After meeting some gifted Thai chemists, Paul sets up a lab in Northern Thailand producing high-quality LSD. When his new business comes to the attention of the local crime lord/army general he has to leave Thailand quickly and relocates to Cambodia where his friend has a bar.
There he meets Aya and falls in love. But through Aya he meets her brother Chamreun, a former air force colonel who is now involved in the Cambodian drugs trade and who knows far more about Paul's life than he should. It's not long till Paul is pulled back into the world of drug trafficking against his wishes and is involved with the biggest drugs cartel in the region.
But when things turn sour, Paul finds himself in a frantic hunt across South East Asia as they look for answers. But when they find them in a bloody climax, the answers are not at all what Paul had expected."
I hope you will be interested enough to buy a copy and support independent writers. If you do, it would be great if you also leave a review on Amazon as reviews make a huge difference when new readers are choosing a book.
The book will also be available in Khmer around the end of the year (translation is not a quick process)
Hope you all enjoy reading Angkor Away and the next instalment in Chamreun's adventures will be out in January 2016!

paperback and kindle available here:
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Angkor Away

Post by TheGrinchSR »

No offense but the author badly needs to learn to use paragraphs properly - a lot of that is wall of text. They also need to learn to format properly for Kindle... no idea what the rest of it's like as currently it's not sufficiently legible to bother finding out.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

and u might be hit with a copywrite infringement charge
your cover ( although not exact close enough) from the book
Ancient Angkor printed in 1999

....Fair point. I left the design aspect to a GD friend in Bangkok and this was the best of the bunch.
from k440
perhaps u should have chosen your own cover
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
james ten
Expatriate

Post by james ten »

Is this story at all based on anyone, or is it entirely fiction?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

It would be more realistic i fhe didn't fall in love with a bargirl. Which druglord chooses a bargirl for a gf? They either f them and forget them, or they have to show it off.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Congratulations!!! I am in awe of anyone who writes a novel, it's such an awesome achievement. And to all the critics, let's see your novels hey.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

rozzieoz wrote:Congratulations!!! I am in awe of anyone who writes a novel, it's such an awesome achievement. And to all the critics, let's see your novels hey.
Like your logic, roz, you fly with a crappy pilot and when you whine he tells you to do better. Went out with Grade school.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
EDC
Expatriate
Australia

Post by EDC »

LOL...firstly, phucketrichard, what a fuckin' retard statement....if you can't see the difference in those cover photos you should get new glasses! Vladimir...you should pull your head out of phuketrichard's ass, you knob jockey!
Good job stramash for having a go...ignore the negative comments from these fuckwits!
Cheers
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Are they selling the pirate version on the riverside yet ?
:stir:
That's actually a good sign - I think. Good luck anyway.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

EDC wrote:LOL...firstly, phucketrichard, what a fuckin' retard statement....if you can't see the difference in those cover photos you should get new glasses! Vladimir...you should pull your head out of phuketrichard's ass, you knob jockey!
Good job stramash for having a go...ignore the negative comments from these fuckwits! Image
Cheers
Might be worth noting that the copyright for the cover used belongs to John McDermott... it's in one of the articles written about him this week... I suspect when he sees the cover, he'll be much less concerned about similarity and rather more concerned that it's a straight rip off of his work.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic