Rotten Apple

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Rotten Apple

Post by AE86 »

TheGrinchSR wrote: I've also had a PowerMac with the docking station... -
That's the first computer I learned how to type on (it was a PowerMac G3 tower thing) and I'll be damned, it's the only kind of computer I know how to use and the only reason I'm stuck buying Apple products until I learn what Windows is. I do softly cry every time I see how cheap Windows machines are when I need a new computer though.
-insert signature here
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

AE86 wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote: I've also had a PowerMac with the docking station... -
That's the first computer I learned how to type on (it was a PowerMac G3 tower thing) and I'll be damned, it's the only kind of computer I know how to use and the only reason I'm stuck buying Apple products until I learn what Windows is. I do softly cry every time I see how cheap Windows machines are when I need a new computer though.
I grew up in a house full of computers when no-one had computers; thanks to the old man working in banking and finance. We had an insane array of hardware - from a Dec Vax to some of the first PCs (before MS-Dos and later Windows were a standard HP-Dos, for example, blew goats). My biggest problem with Apple is always in the UI, it may be simple but it just drives me mad. The whole one button mouse thing makes me want to puke on the floor... I like the options that PCs bring and Apple reduces those options (and in particular it's garbage for a gamer to use an Apple).

I know lots of folks who love their Apple world... but it's never going to be for me. There's also the fact that most of my clients operate in Windows environments... so it's just easier to stick with the standard even if there are other options out there. (I have a Linux based laptop and while I like Linux... it's also not the solution for me).
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

John Bingham wrote:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Only problem I've experienced with years of use of their products is fraying of the battery pack cable, which I believe is a design over practicality flaw. Other products have thick strong cable, Apple's don't. I haven't needed to replace yet and I don't suppose it will be a game changer, but it pisses me off as much as any other product flaw would.
Try this stuff:
https://sugru.com/

Thanks for that I'll check it out. Amused to see in their product use examples they show an Apple type cable at the point they always go. :thumb:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

My only point is that if you're paying the earth, you should be getting the earth.

Acceptable?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic