Scammed at Sharky Bar in Phnom Penh:

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
CamTata
Tourist

Re: Scammed at Sharky Bar in Phnom Penh:

Post by CamTata »

Drifter wrote:
NokTang wrote:Most countries simply don't want the barang involved as he/she only as I said, messes up a red light zone with their lady drink and barfine concepts.
yes, it's a kind of virus but let me tell you that in europe it doesn't stick.
actually in Germany you can fuck for as low as 20-30 euro even in places like Berlin !

and the FKK clubs are offering promotions and "all you can fuck" buffets so because of the competition the price of sex is actually going down in clubs and also for the rock bottom whores who work at home or in the street.
You can thank our Romanian girls for driving the prices down; they have been flooding western Europe for some time. Now they are helping to drive down prices in UK !!
Daydrinker
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Daydrinker »

Considering it's not a hostess bar, one should not be charged for "lady" drinks. Tons of guys go there and hook up with freelancers. This is the first time I've heard of this. My ex-gf was Cambodian and I was never charged extra for her drinks. Shame on Sharky Bar.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Daydrinker wrote:Considering it's not a hostess bar, one should not be charged for "lady" drinks. Tons of guys go there and hook up with freelancers. This is the first time I've heard of this. My ex-gf was Cambodian and I was never charged extra for her drinks. Shame on Sharky Bar.
You might not have seen Jah Steu's explanation earlier in this thread here https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/cambodi ... 65-10.html
jah steu wrote:
I just went along to check their current policy. Apparently a while ago (possibly six months) the bosses decided to introduce ladydrinks, where before that it was just customer drinks prices for all the freelancers there.

I would guess it was an attempt to attract more freelancers to hang out there as it had been going downhill girl-wise for a while.

I spoke to a very nice freelancer there who told me about the policy change.

Apparently according to her it is still technically possible to buy a girl a drink there at customer prices but she gave the strong impression that the bar didn't like it, and that the girls thought customers who did this were 'cheapskates' (her words).
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Never been to Sharky's.

No regrets.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Will this work? "That ain't no lady, that's my wife."
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

It would work if you wanted a shiner.

And what's with the sexism? Why no gentleman drinks?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Daydrinker
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Daydrinker »

That explains it...Thanks Kuroneko
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic