Exit Visa for Khmer child with foreign passport

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Exit Visa for Khmer child with foreign passport

Post by Username Taken »

Knowledge Base Information:

This information is for your Khmer child who has a foreign passport, and will be departing the Kingdom using the foreign passport.

Where: Cambodian National Immigration Department on Confederation de la Russie Blvd. That's on the right hand side about 100 meters before the main entrance to the airport (where the traffic lights are). https://www.google.com.kh/maps/@11.5538 ... 438355,18z

When you enter, go left then right. Look for the door which says 'Visas'. They will give you a form to complete called 'Visa Extension Application'. Just fill in the top and bottom sections. You are applying for an Exit Visa.

Requirements for each child:
1 x Application form
1 x Child's foreign passport
2 x Child's passport photos
1 x Child's Cambodian Birth Certificate (in Khmer and English)
1 x Child's foreign Certificate of Citizenship / Citizenship by Descent
Parent's passports
Flight ticket (if available) [She said 'no problem if no have']
[Edit:] And $25 for each child.

The Immigration Officer gave me this phone number if I have any queries: 097 3140999

Additional Info: The exit visa is valid for 14 days. So you must apply within 14 days of departure, otherwise it will expire before you leave.

:thumb:

[Edit: Forgot the important part - how much]
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Exit Visa for Khmer child with foreign passport

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Spot on info there. They will charge an extra couple dollars if you don't have the childs passport photos, and they'll also still grant the exit visa without all the documentation mentioned above, as long as you show the kids foreign passport and birth certificate, but best to provide all as above to avoid any delays or additional tea money payments.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

@PSD-Kiwi, Next month, one of my kids and I will be doing a quick trip to Thailand,

Q1 - do we need to get the exit visa again? (I'm guessing, Yes).

Q2 - as he already has a K Visa in his passport, when we return we can just go direct to Immigration/Passport control and not have to muck around with the Visa section. Would that be right?

TIA
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:40 am
Q1 - do we need to get the exit visa again? (I'm guessing, Yes).

Q2 - as he already has a K Visa in his passport, when we return we can just go direct to Immigration/Passport control and not have to muck around with the Visa section. Would that be right?

There's no need for any exit visa once the K visa is given, you can exit and enter as many times as you like and there's no need to go near the visa desk again.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

If the kid has a K-type visa there is no requirement to obtain an exit visa. Exit visas are only required for new passports of which the user has not entered the country with. And Q2, yes, straight to passport control, no need to go to visa desk. John Binghams info above is spot on.

Also I just noticed that you said you were charged $25 for the exit visa... Exit visas are Gratis and you should not have paid anything, unfortunately the immigration officers at the immigration department are sneaky corrupt fuckers who will always try and extract money out of you.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Thanks for the replies chaps!

Yes, I paid $25 for the exit visa. But then again, most of us pay $280 for a 1 year visa which should cost around $150. Just one of the joys of living in KOW.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:01 am Thanks for the replies chaps!

Yes, I paid $25 for the exit visa. But then again, most of us pay $280 for a 1 year visa which should cost around $150. Just one of the joys of living in KOW.
Official price for 12 month extension of stay is $170... That's what I paid for my most recent one :thumb:

But yes you're right, most of us pay extra, for everything, in Cambodia :lol:
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Just wanted to share an update on this post. I went in today with all the above documents ready to go. I was told you now also have to show your marriage certificate also. Luckily we have one so we'll try again on Monday. But if you don't have one the lady at immigration made it sound like your kid won't be issued an exit visa.
Also on the corrupt money stealing part....she said an exit visa for an infant 0-3 months is $30....over 3 months is $50 plus a letter.
I have to type out an apology letter because I didn't get an exit visa before 3 months old. I said I didn't leave Cambodia until now that he's 8 months old. Doesn't matter. Just another back asswards day here.

Also she said most babies won't get an exit visa without an approval letter from MOFA but that doesn't apply for US passports so not a problem for me.

Sent from my Furious 7 Pro using Tapatalk

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

lostjeremy wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:39 am I was told you now also have to show your marriage certificate also.
I have to type out an apology letter because I didn't get an exit visa before 3 months old.
That's ridiculous. They are just making up this crap as a way to extort more money.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

That's strange. People don't need to be married to have children.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic