The West might regret forcing Thailand into a corner

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: The West might regret forcing Thailand into a corner

Post by frank lee bent »

I was there 2 weeks ago and every thai or falang i spoke to supported the coup.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

OrangeDragon wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:fuck; u really dont get it do u? Would you rather have a civil war wit an elected government in power?
Over a military dictatorship who could very easily be "silencing" any opposition with no one the wiser... not really. But you make it sound like the Civil war was a sure fire thing, because you're buying everything the Junta serves you (via the press they control) as their justifications for their actions. Though I do love the assumption that the military isn't at all corrupt...
Last edited by phuketrichard on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

at least south korea does not have its head up its ass;

soi dog/OD; yea more propaganda,
The South Korean government believes the political situation in Thailand has improved since the junta took over and hence it will encourage its investors and tourists to return to the Kingdom, the country's envoy said yesterday.
South Korean Ambassador to Thailand Jeon Jae-man said that though the political turmoil had negatively affected bilateral ties, particularly in terms of economic, investment and tourism cooperation, things had significantly improved since the junta took over and began working on "returning happiness to people".
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politic ... 37224.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

UKJ wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:more than 75% of the Thai people are behind it
You made that up.
If that 75% figure was even remotely accurate, why do all the elections overwhelmingly support the ousted government. And I lived in Khon Kaen, Surin and Si Sa Ket for over a decade. Please don't preach to me about your time in fucking Phuket talking with your farang buddies and a few tuk tuk drivers.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

phuketrichard wrote: He also gave his consent to the military take over last month although has not been seen in public since May 22
Yes. We know that because the army told us!
After your 300 years in Thailand ( 30 years, times the ten times you've told us :-) ) , you could probably get into the military with your blind acceptance of everything they say and do. ( my smileys don't work )
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Soi Dog wrote:
UKJ wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:more than 75% of the Thai people are behind it
You made that up.
If that 75% figure was even remotely accurate, why do all the elections overwhelmingly support the ousted government. And I lived in Khon Kaen, Surin and Si Sa Ket for over a decade. Please don't preach to me about your time in fucking Phuket talking with your farang buddies and a few tuk tuk drivers.
But surely the situation in Phuket is a clearer indication of how the rest of a nation with 67 million people feel than something like silly elections!!!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote:give me a solution you think would have worked better.
This is actually pretty simple... this benevolent military with only the good of the country at heart could have used the EXACT same methods for calming everyone down FOR the elections as they did once they made elections a thing of the past. They could have done what a military is supposed to do, and protected their governing system instead of usurping it into a totalitarian one.
clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

military in thailand swear alliegence to the king
this is no longer even a coup, they are the legal legitimate government. because the king says so

thailands as much a monarchy as saudi arabia
doesnt matter that 70% of people vote for taksin - the king and royalists hate him. see him as a threat, army back them up

theres no democracy there, all that stuff with prime minister and government house, elections, its just a charade. always has been.

its a benevolent dictatorship, look around at all the giant royal photos literally everywhere. like kim jong il or saddam hussien,
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

democratic monarchy? bullshit. It's been screwed from the start.
But really, you can't have ignorant ppl (who number more than the elite with the money, many times over) voting one person one vote MY GOD!!
you'll end up with George Bush Jr.
we all know the elites here run things, so long as there is beer and malls to spend in, it's peaceful. :)
true democracy is a pipe dream. The big money boys will ALWAYS have things run their way, Get used to it, have a brewski and go shopping. :beer3:

btw, even *I* am ok with the junta, I'm sad to see the country ppl realize their voice went silent again but shit...King dies with Thaksin supporters in power and all HELL would break loose, it would be violence and market destruction for years.

I WILL say that if the elites had thrown the dog a bone now and then BEFORE Thaksin did, all this MIGHT not be happening.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic