Thailand might not be waiting till oct

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Thailand might not be waiting till oct

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ :thumb:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

said this months ago, there will not be any election in Thailand until Thaskin is dead
Military will hold on until then, cause they know as long as he lives, whoever runs against him ( or his puppet) will lose
BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha indicated that election might not be held in accordance with the political roadmap if there is no peace and order in the country.

“How can election be held if there are still bombings and the use of war weapons, conflicts among the people and the same old problems?” the prime minister asked, adding: “I cannot dictate myself; everyone must cooperate to advance toward the same destination.

He asked the people not to let the government to set everything. “I used to say that as quick as possible and if that cannot be done, the people must say so. I cannot force everybody to walk toward democracy,” he said.
http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-war ... e-country/

NOW; compare that to the UK where the UK has a General Election in 2 weeks and a deadly bomb attack yesterday. Terror Threat level has been raised to 'Critical', meaning another incident is expected imminently. Election campaigning was postponed but it will resume soon. The election will go ahead as planned.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

As you probably know, numerous posters on TV openly accusing junta of a false flag and/or calling for resignation of PM. Many locals are probably thinking along the same lines. Loss of control by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) = anarchy.

Now's as good a time as ever to avoid travel to T-land or start packing if you are still there.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic