Thailand might not be waiting till oct

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Thailand might not be waiting till oct

Post by phuketrichard »

this is not re assuring for the government :stir:
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Monday asked the public not to panic following the bomb attack at an Army hospital in the heart of the capital in broad daylight.

He said he had ordered an immediate investigation into the attack at Phramongkutklao Hospital, said government Spokesman Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30315938
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Thailand might not be waiting till oct

Post by General Mackevili »

I'm in Bangkok right now. Was the a bombing or something? :Search:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

More stories. A lot of injuries, at least that's what the military was saying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/worl ... .html?_r=0

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thail ... SKBN18I0N8
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I heard that everything is fine in Thailand. People living in Thailand who post here always talk about how great everything is there, and how it's all gonna work out with a happy ending.

"No need to worry. You don't know what you're talking about", they say.

Teflon economy, 30 million+ tourists, elections planned for next year.

Anyway, it was just a small bomb in an old hospital. Not sure why you bothered to post it.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Summary of the hospital bomb blast in Bangkok today:
Bangkok hospital bombing injures 24 people
Updated May 22, 2017 18:12:18
A bomb blast at a hospital in Thailand's capital Bangkok has injured 24 people on the third anniversary of the country's 2014 military coup.
There was no claim of responsibility for the blast at the Phramongkutklao Hospital, which is popular with retired military officers.

"It was a bomb. We found the pieces that were used to make the bomb," Kamthorn Aucharoen, commander of the police's explosive ordnance team, said.
"Right now, authorities are checking out closed circuit cameras."
The blast radius was 2 to 3 metres, authorities said. Most of the wounded were hit by flying glass, the military's national security unit said.

Suspicion is likely to focus either on political dissidents opposed to military rule or Muslim separatists based in the south of the predominately Buddhist country.

Deputy national police chief General Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul said the bomb had been hidden in a container by the entrance of a pharmacy...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-22/b ... le/8548176
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sigmoid wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 11:46 pm I heard that everything is fine in Thailand. People living in Thailand who post here always talk about how great everything is there, and how it's all gonna work out with a happy ending.

"No need to worry. You don't know what you're talking about", they say.

Teflon economy, 30 million+ tourists, elections planned for next year.

Anyway, it was just a small bomb in an old hospital. Not sure why you bothered to post it.
BS:
i, and most expats i know and Thais, all believe everything is going ok BUT many believe something will happen in Oct after the funeral, There is a strong discontent movement growing.
what is significant about this bombing is; it was at the Military hospital, center of Bangkok 3 years after the coup
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

all believe everything is going ok BUT many believe something will happen in Oct after the funeral, There is a strong discontent movement growing.

cognitive dissonance much? :)

Anyway, as you mention, no need to wait until October. Things are picking up speed rapidly NOW.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

It is with little regret that I will be gone from Thailand long before the massively elaborate funeral and "other activities" get underway. "It just doesn't work for me anymore," is all I will say from here in Bangkok.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 1:29 pm It is with little regret that I will be gone from Thailand long before the massively elaborate funeral and "other activities" get underway. "It just doesn't work for me anymore," is all I will say from here in Bangkok.
Weren't you moving 12 months ago to a place near Super Duper?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Username Taken wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 7:10 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 1:29 pm It is with little regret that I will be gone from Thailand long before the massively elaborate funeral and "other activities" get underway. "It just doesn't work for me anymore," is all I will say from here in Bangkok.
Weren't you moving 12 months ago to a place near Super Duper?
Ended up in BKK where all my friends are/were. But they're leaving one by one. One BKK friend is already living/working in Vung Tau and another is moving there next week. So I'm going down too to see what's available for housing. Been there many times. Very serene and fresh. Love visiting there. But I have a soft spot for PP too. In other words, up in the air, as usual.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic