I have 5000 Cambodian riel

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: I have 5000 Cambodian riel

Post by hanno »

ricefarmersdaughter wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:49 am belgium beer is considered a luxury in Vietnam.
Not in the cities. You really need to get out more and you'll find that seeing bottles of premium brands being consumed is nothing extraordinary. We are talking bottles the equivalent of 1,000 pineapples.
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

hanno wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 am
ricefarmersdaughter wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:49 am belgium beer is considered a luxury in Vietnam.
Not in the cities. You really need to get out more and you'll find that seeing bottles of premium brands being consumed is nothing extraordinary. We are talking bottles the equivalent of 1,000 pineapples.
thats alot of pineapples .
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

the duck
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by the duck »

Forget the hater ricefarmer, i will get you a Ganzberg when you are in town even though my 5000r dwindled to 2000 now.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

the duck wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 11:32 am Forget the hater ricefarmer, i will get you a Ganzberg when you are in town even though my 5000r dwindled to 2000 now.
I'd rather drink pineapple juice than that swill.
the duck
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by the duck »

Mock it all you want man. But I regularly win free cans from it. Tastes slightly better than most other 50 cents cans too :beer3:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

the duck wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:10 pm Mock it all you want man. But I regularly win free cans from it. Tastes slightly better than most other 50 cents cans too :beer3:
Tastes like utter piss, Angkor is a premium beer compared to that (and they have prizes as well).
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

the duck wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:10 pm Mock it all you want man. But I regularly win free cans from it. Tastes slightly better than most other 50 cents cans too :beer3:
Says a lot for the quality of the beer when they have to offer free motorbikes and cars to get you to drink the stuff, and even offer a $50,000 prize if your willing to risk drinking it at your wedding :plus1:

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I have told this story before but here goes: we were having a good feed and great beers (Hefeweizen) at the "One More Pub" when we got talking to the then brewmaster of Ganzberg. He wanted us to try the new beer and we were not going to say no. Well, we wish we had. It literally looked, smelled, and tasted like piss and it was with great relief that the gentleman had to excuse himself and we got back to real beer. This was a few years ago but the shock ran deep.

Heard from one of their ex-marketing managers that the big prizes are actually not available, not sure if it true or not.

I do know that it is NOT a German beer, even if they try to insinuate that it is in their marketing campaigns.
the duck
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by the duck »

Yea when they had this German teen punk ads aired on CTN and MYTV flying through the PP skyscrapers and landed on the top of the roof saying "Ganzberg. number 1 German beer" with his smirky commercial smile I stopped drinking it for a while until they put a new ads with Pontoon hookers who seem genuinely enjoyed the beer I became a customer again.

Though on their cans since then till now it says 100 ford rangers to be won, 300 motorbikes and stuff like that. Drank shit load of it but my luck when i pull off the pull ringer either a Thank you or a 1 free can. But I am still optimistic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic