Ukranian, Geokii Charkyim, Found Dead with Fractured Skull in Kampot, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ukranian, Geokii Charkyim, Found Dead with Fractured Skull in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

22 May 2017. Toward 9am this morning, a 35yo Russian woman, Oxana Mokrova discovered the body of 45 year old Ukranian national, Geokii Charkyim on the floor of his Kampot home, on the road to Wat Veal Puat, Ondong village. Ms Mokrova was reportedly living with the deceased at this address, but had been absent some days in Sihanoukville until that morning. She came home to find his body lying on the kitchen floor.

Mr Charkyim was reputed to be a heavy-drinking alcoholic, and it is believed that he fell while intoxicated and fractured his skull. There is no suggestion of foul play.
Spoiler:
The police asked Ms Mokrova to contact the relatives of the deceased, and his body was taken to the Provincial Referral Hospital at Kampot to await instructions from relatives. RIP.

Warning.Video of police interview also contains images of the deceased that some viewers may find disturbing:

[YouTube]OWy38qMbaSs[/YouTube]
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Ukranian, Geokii Charkyim, Found Dead with Fractured Skull in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by hanno »

I do not understand the first two pictures at all. Is one of them the lady that found him? Are they both the same lady? Why is she being interviewed in the forest. Oh Cambodia, you mysterious beast.
Last edited by hanno on Tue May 23, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Ukranian, Geokii Charkyim, Found Dead with Fractured Skull in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by Duncan »

hanno wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 4:34 am I do not understand the first two pictures at all. Is one of them the lady that found him? Are they both the sam lady? Why is she being interviewed in the forrest.

Oh Cambodia, you mysterious beast.

I think that new slogan will attract more tourists than ,,, Kingdom of Wonder [ why ]
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

rip
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

hanno wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 4:34 am I do not understand the first two pictures at all. Is one of them the lady that found him? Are they both the same lady? Why is she being interviewed in the forest. Oh Cambodia, you mysterious beast.

If you look at where the dude's lying he's pretty much outside, his house appears to have an open porch/kitchen/diner and beyond is the bush. They're interviewing her next to the blue and white cordon tape you can see in the bottom right corner. Probably because that's where the shade is. He's way out in the sticks, probably up river somewhere.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

...and as per usual, deleted from the Kampot Noticeboard FB page within minutes of the article being posted!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 5:24 pm
hanno wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 4:34 am I do not understand the first two pictures at all. Is one of them the lady that found him? Are they both the same lady? Why is she being interviewed in the forest. Oh Cambodia, you mysterious beast.

If you look at where the dude's lying he's pretty much outside, his house appears to have an open porch/kitchen/diner and beyond is the bush. They're interviewing her next to the blue and white cordon tape you can see in the bottom right corner. Probably because that's where the shade is. He's way out in the sticks, probably up river somewhere.
I never look at the spoilers.......
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I can't make sense of where the chairs are located, relative to the deceased. Unless they've been moved there to stop traffic.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic