The Sihanoukville MAKEOVER?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: The Sihanoukville MAKEOVER?

Post by vladimir »

Anchor Moy wrote:The advisor to the Cambodian government, Dr Sok Siphana, gave a speech last week addressing the government’s plans to shape Sihanoukville province into a primary hub for trade, logistics and manufacturing.
Logistics?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Anchor Moy wrote:Sihanoukville Special economic Zone ?
Well that's great news isn't it. Unfortunately pigs and wings come to mind.*
*For samouth and other non-native english speakers - explanation of the expression "pigs with wings or pigs might fly";

From the Phnom Penh Post:
The Sihanoukville MAKEOVER?
Aiming to attract investors to broaden the Kingdom’s manufacturing base and to boost the country’s industrial development, the government is alledgedly preparing a master plan to turn Sihanoukville province into a new special economic zone, said an official.

The advisor to the Cambodian government, Dr Sok Siphana, gave a speech last week addressing the government’s plans to shape Sihanoukville province into a primary hub for trade, logistics and manufacturing. He said that while the master plan, under the responsibility of the Council for the Development of Cambodia, is set to be finalised by 2018, it needs to be carefully planned and executed.

Along with setting up a seaside special economic zone, the master plan aims to enhance the infrastructure of the country’s largest port, National Road 4 and Sihanoukville International Airport...

Last week, it was announced that an expressway between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville will be developed to ease traffic on National Road 4. Under the Chinese firm Henan Provincial Communications Planning, Survey and Design Institute (HPCPSDI), the construction is set to begin next year and finish by 2020. ..
Pigs and wings indeed. :popcorn:

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/real-estat ... e-makeover
I remember hearing about that swine flew a few years back.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the golden lion roundabouts had a makeover over the past year, its all beautifully decorated with fairy lights and everything, thats about enough for me, i like SHV because its small
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Funnily enough, when I went up to PP a month ago, the first 20 odd km's out of S/ville is being turned into a double lane highway, right now, as we speak. Some of it has already been tarmacked.
Just saying you know.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

O ye of little faith. Coming soon - the new expressway between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville.

Expressway on track
19 May 2017
A proposed expressway from Phnom Penh to the coastal province of Preah Sihanouk is due to be constructed by the end of the year.
The move aims to contribute to the industrial development of the province, which the government sees as an industrial development zone.

The 190km road is to be constructed on a build, operate and transfer basis by the China Communications Construction Company in a contract worth nearly $2 billion.

Company president Liu Qitao met Prime Minister HE in Beijing during the Belt and Road Forum last week and said that his company had invested about $1.6 billion in 16 projects in Cambodia building road, bridges and other infrastructure.
“Our company will spend billions of dollars more to build the expressway from Phnom Penh to Sinhanoukville. The ground-breaking ceremony is expected by the end of the year,” he said.

The road development is part of the government’s expressway master plan, which estimates that the country will need 850km of expressways by 2020 at a cost of $9 billion. By 2040, about 2,230km will be required, at a cost of $26 billion.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/38510/ ... -on-track/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic