Buying moto in Vietnam

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
jenofjens
Tourist

Buying moto in Vietnam

Post by jenofjens »

Hey, I'm going to Ho Chi Minh next month and am hoping to buy a Honda CD90 there and bring it back across the border on a bus. I'm just wondering about how how to do that legally so I don't have any problems in the future. Is there any tax I need to pay, how do I get proper registration papers, and Cambodian plates, etc. Thanks!

Jen
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Buying moto in Vietnam

Post by Username Taken »

juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

jenofjens wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 10:43 am Hey, I'm going to Ho Chi Minh next month and am hoping to buy a Honda CD90 there and bring it back across the border on a bus. I'm just wondering about how how to do that legally so I don't have any problems in the future. Is there any tax I need to pay, how do I get proper registration papers, and Cambodian plates, etc. Thanks!

Jen
If you have plenty of money to waste, then go fot it. Not heard about the possibility of putting it on a bus though. Best to ride it over and put it in a Cambodian's name as then it becomes much cheaper. Maybe...
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Just buy a CD90 in Cambodia, it's a lot easier.
-insert signature here
jenofjens
Tourist

Post by jenofjens »

Ok thanks, everyone. Any idea where to find a good one in Cambodia? I've heard they're hard to come by in Phnom Penh.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

-insert signature here
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^Sorry, I just clicked on that link and it didn't look right, so here's another. If that for some reason doesn't work, go to Mao Tse Tong Blvd. and St. 202 (Caltex) and you should see lots of moto dealers on St. 202 (and others) in there. Just ride around and you'll see some CDs (50 and 90) outside of some shops.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St+25 ... 89!6m1!1e1
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic