German Beggar Bigfoot Benjamin Holst Leaves Thailand, Deported from Cambodia, Now Back to the Philippines Today

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: German Beggar Bigfoot Benjamin Holst Leaves Thailand, Deported from Cambodia, Now Back to the Philippines Today

Post by kiwiincambodia »

The guy will end up being famous and probably make a bit of money.

Now he is "known" he will sell his story and it will steamroll from there.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: German Beggar Bigfoot Benjamin Holst Leaves Thailand, Deported from Cambodia, Now Back to the Philippines Today

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

German ‘beggar’ leading the high life in Malaysia now
| March 14, 2017

Documenting his escapades on Facebook via photos and updates, Holst has unsurprisingly earned many undesirable labels – “Asia’s biggest scammer” and “useless beggar” to name a few.

On March 7, Holst’s Facebook status read, “Back in Kuala Lumpur. Hope good nightlife today and buy my flight ticket to Da nang.”

He posted pictures of the Petronas Twin Towers against a grey sky and a dish he likely bought with another’s money.

On March 5, he openly announced on Facebook he was in Penang, a day after he posted that he was heading to the island for “cheaper girls and beach”.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/catego ... aysia-now/

Commenters are disgusted, but also slightly fascinated.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

i would really like to kick him in his inflated balls.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I have to admire his tenacity. However I don't believe his begging is his only gig. He probably gets quite a good wedge in disability or he has a trust-fund or something. Otherwise how the fuck can he fly around way more than anyone without doing jack shit? Imagine if every blagger was doing the same...
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Benjamin Holst's every move is being scrutinized on social media. But he continues to post his travel saga online, so ...

German beggar Who Scammed Thais Out Of Over $1000 Is Headed Back To Thailand
On March 31, 2017
http://prntly.com/2017/03/31/german-beg ... -thailand/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I thought he was doing well in HCMC?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

hanno wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:44 pm I thought he was doing well in HCMC?
Keep up. He got sent back to Denmark - from Singapore I think - but is now in Tokyo via Madrid. He's a very wealthy beggar.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Slightly hysterical headline for Ben recently in Thai online media:

“Most hated German in Thailand” now scamming the Japanese in Osaka.
A beggar with a swollen leg who once called the Thais stupid for donating money to him is now trying to con the Japanese in Osaka.

[ Now] a Thai on a trip to Japan has seen him begging on a bridge in a tourist spot in the city of Osaka.
Adulkit Thongthip posted his experience on Facebook saying that Benjamin struck up a conversation with him about having been to Thailand a couple of years ago.
He shook the Thai’s hand perhaps oblivious to the contempt with which he is held in the kingdom.

Thai Rath – now forgetting the pity and referring to him as “Ay Khaa Too” (Bloody Big Leg) – said that he was pictured on Facebook recounting his adventures to Universal Studios describing his “Very Happy Good Life”.

Though perhaps all was not going to plan – a trip to Korea was on hold after he was denied a visa, said Thai Rath...
Thai Rath/Samui Times

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic