Samudera supermarket in Sihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
eriksank
Expatriate

Re: Samudera supermarket in Sihanoukville

Post by eriksank »

Raybull wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:31 pmAnother idiot!
To some extent, you are right, because I wasn't paying full attention to the situation. I was more thinking of how to simulate GIT_SSH_COMMAND, by using the older, less effective GIT_SSH option, when not having access to git version 2.3 in which it was introduced. Solved it now. So yes, all the while, I was also dealing with broken Samudera soda bottles. Linus also always admits that "he is an idiot". By the way, he is also the one who wrote the git tool.

Look at how the politically-correct Debian crowd slags him off:

There would be no need for any of these Debian guys, if Linus hadn't done his job, but that won't stop them from calling him an "idiot". Look at that mob. The less talent, the dumber the politics.

Concerning yourself, have you ever been able to charge just one dollar for what you wrote? I am not talking about one million dollars. Just one? Have you ever woken up in the morning, just like Lady Gaga, and taken a pencil and written down "Ra ra ra ra ga ga ga ga" and by the next evening, charge 150 million dollars for the exclusive distribution rights?

If you have never done a thing like that, or have never been able to do a thing like that, you should probably refrain from calling other people idiots.
Raybull wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:31 pmYou broke it ...
Not sure. The bottle probably broke while it was sitting in my basket. It is a bit of a stretch to claim, "you broke it". It depends on the quality of the glass. Impurities may make it much easier to break. Someone else already tried to contact the manufacturer of Lion soda, who allegedly lives in Battambang, but he has had no luck with his research. It would be an interesting question to ask him where he buys the bottles?

But then again, in the video, Linus just said: "Sorry about the rant!" and now he says: "I don't care".

Minute 17:53:
To Linus: "It is more about treating other people with respect." (Applause from the talentless in-crowd)
Linus: "You can applaud everything you want. I don't treat people with respect unless they deserve to be treated with respect."

If you don't like it, then you should probably just throw away your phone, because it most likely runs a copy of his linux kernel.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Kuroneko wrote:Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:57 pm Image
Your'e just not getting into the spirit of slagging off wealthy excessively greedy people.
Baa sir, baa.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

eriksank wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:13 pm
To some extent, you are right,...
You could have just left it at that! I value my time at more than 0.35$/hr so couldn't be hassled to read the rest. G'day.
eriksank
Expatriate

Post by eriksank »

Raybull wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:40 pm... I value my time at more than 0.35$/hr so ...
It does not matter whatsoever at how much you, yourself, value your time. What matters, is at how much OTHER PEOPLE value your time.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

eriksank wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:13 pm
To some extent, you are right, because I wasn't paying full attention to the situation. I was more thinking of how to simulate GIT_SSH_COMMAND, by using the older, less effective GIT_SSH option, when not having access to git version 2.3 in which it was introduced. .........................

But then again, in the video, Linus just said: "Sorry about the rant!" and now he says: "I don't care". ............................................

...................If you don't like it, then you should probably just throw away your phone, because it most likely runs a copy of his linux kernel.

Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

For only 15 cents more, you could have broken a mug full of draft.
You could be next.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

For 20 you can apparently have it smashed over your head :hammerhead:
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

And we thought the fan rant was ridiculous....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Let me get this right.

You picked up 6 fine bottles from the shelf, whilst the bottles were in your obsession one broke and you were upset they charged you for said broken bottle?
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

It is 35 cents, get over it.

I bet you drink 50 cent beers and pay in reil when the exchange rate is in your favour.

get a life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic