Beg -Packers on thaivisa;

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Beg -Packers on thaivisa;

Post by phuketrichard »

B
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Beg -Packers on thaivisa;

Post by hanno »

Is it 3 am in LOS?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

lol
computer issues,,,,,

BANGKOK: -- Thais have reacted strongly to the emerging trend of Western tourists who come to Thailand and either beg or barter their way around the country.
VoiceTV posted a minute long video about what they called a new trend in tourism.
A young Russian man was shown who sells travel pictures - he claimed that people didn't have to give him travel money - they could have the pictures for free if they didn't have much cash.
He claimed with a smile that he was "sharing".
VoiceTV said that opinions varied on the issue with some saying that it added to the spirit of adventure and variety of tourism while others said it was just taking advantage.
Thai's dont like them

FB comments;
Tossapon Kaowong said: "If they come here they should pay for their trip - not beg for our money and call it a trend".

Pattharmon Sukasem was even more forthright: "Chase them all away - if they don't have money what are they doing here?"

Ekung Moopii said: "This trend is not good for tourism. I have seen evidence of it a lot recently - people with signs on the roadside or begging at gas stations. Here in Asia we are not used to this way - and I honestly fear for their safety".

While Taka Hiro wrote: "We need tourists' money for the benefit of our economy. If we are supporting beggars or people bartering they will just take our money. It is the wrong way round".

Teerayuth-Neng wondered what might be next commenting: "Now it is just the fair haired people - in no time the Chinese will be doing it".
Chinese begging in SE asia!!!!! :facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
eriksank
Expatriate

Post by eriksank »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 amThais have reacted strongly to the emerging trend ...
Again the Thai?

All land belongs to the Almighty. The Thai do not own the land of Thailand. They could merely ever have a lease on the land, on the condition that they resign themselves to obeying the laws of the True Owner of the Land, the Almighty. Since the Thai are notable pagans, with their dirty unbeliever religion, I wonder when they will understand that the only reason why we haven't thrown them into the Gulf of Thailand, for them to drown like dogs, and get eaten by the sharks, is because we are too busy doing that elsewhere with other people. Soon we will make time for the Thai too. It is all just a question of patience.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

If they have no money to travel, I bet they still have an iPhone or high end Samsung in their possession. I'd just suggest they sell that so they can buy a ticket home and stop bothering people.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:48 pm If they have no money to travel, I bet they still have an iPhone or high end Samsung in their possession. I'd just suggest they sell that so they can buy a ticket home and stop bothering people.
Agreed. I don't know why but these low-lives irk the crap out of me. I used to travel without much money when I was a kid but I sure had enough to see me back home. No choice really: no credit cards, no Internet, no "go-fund-me" or whatever it is called.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

they are not Begging cause they have no cash........ i am sure mommy would send them a ticket, ( if they dont aleady have a ticket back home)
their preying on people to keep their trip going and of course they have a smart phone, how else can they post aboutt their trips on FB for all their freinds back home to see?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:15 pm they are not Begging cause they have no cash........ i am sure mommy would send them a ticket, ( if they dont aleady have a ticket back home)
their preying on people to keep their trip going and of course they have a smart phone, how else can they post aboutt their trips on FB for all their freinds back home to see?
Well duh - I would only say it to piss them off.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic