Three foreigners wanted in Phnom Penh break-in

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Three foreigners wanted in Phnom Penh break-in

Post by frank lee bent »

Kenya? I don't think so.
no, Nigeria! obviously that is why some Nigerians try to pass themselves off as Kenyans thus giving the poor old Kenyans a bad name.
Like Australia and New Zealand; USA and Canada- difficult for foreigners to distinguish.

Cambodians knowledge of geography is very slight.

foreign countries are just an amorphous blob in their minds.

so black people from USA are equated with Nigerians to a degree in Khmer society.

it is a natural statistical assumption here that if a crime goes down with the perp having black skin it is likely a Nigerian.
just a fact.Kenya? I don't think so.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 am scammiest country on earth.
they give anyone in the region with black skin a bad name.
I've only dealt with three Nigerians in my time in Cambodia. One is wanted by the police now and another other was arrested for fraud.
-insert signature here
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

i should have one of these guys round me up a tv
tonetone420
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tonetone420 »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:36 am
Kenya? I don't think so.
no, Nigeria! obviously that is why some Nigerians try to pass themselves off as Kenyans thus giving the poor old Kenyans a bad name.
Like Australia and New Zealand; USA and Canada- difficult for foreigners to distinguish.

Cambodians knowledge of geography is very slight.

foreign countries are just an amorphous blob in their minds.

so black people from USA are equated with Nigerians to a degree in Khmer society.

it is a natural statistical assumption here that if a crime goes down with the perp having black skin it is likely a Nigerian.
just a fact.Kenya? I don't think so.
Exactly. I used to be married to a black woman, and if I would show any pictures of her to a Khmer I would always have to explain to them that shes from the US not Africa.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic