Brit tourist has moto crash family start GoFundme

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Brit tourist has moto crash family start GoFundme

Post by SinnSisamouth »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3426822/t ... es-helmet/

"A BRIT builder has been left with ‘half his scalp hanging off’ after suffering horrific head injuries in a motorbike accident in Thailand.

Graham Holland was left fighting for his life in hospital after his vehicle hit a pothole during a holiday on the island of Ko Pha Ngan."

I like this bit
“He hadn’t been drinking and he was wearing a helmet. He’s just hit a hole in the road that they’ve tried to fill in with some sand and hit his head off the pavement."
:facepalm:
righto

no helmet no insurance due to "unforseen circumstances" whatever that means, no sympathy
i would also bet he has no experience riding a moto or even a licence which is why the insurance is not paying out,even if he had it anyway.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Re: Brit tourist has moto crash family start GoFundme

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I think I can speak for the whole forum when I say we'll take it into consideration.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

LionsLeftTesticle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:37 pm Thank you for sharing your opinion. I think I can speak for the whole forum when I say we'll take it into consideration.
i dont think you can think for yoursef never mind the whole forum
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

I know why you would think that and can speak for everyone on the forum when I say we all do.

I can speak for everyone on the forum on wishing you good luck.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

thats great thanks for your input
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

M'Grace.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

SinnSisamouth wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 pm https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3426822/t ... es-helmet/

“He hadn’t been drinking and he was wearing a helmet.

I think that it was highly unlikely that he was wearing a helmet, however if he was wearing a helmet the chin strap wasn't fastened
or the helmet was extremely sub standard.

A review of studies concluded that helmets reduce the risk of head injury by around 69% and death by around 42%. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0012707/

Motorcycle helmets were associated with reduced risk of head, facial, and traumatic brain injury and death in both universal and partial helmet law settings.
Motorcyclists in partial law states were more likely to sustain head, facial, and traumatic brain injuries. These differences support the effectiveness of universal helmet laws.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4779790/

But we already know this, its a pity that the message doeas not get across to holidaying kids.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

he is in his 30s hardly a kid and should know better
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

SinnSisamouth wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 pm https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3426822/t ... es-helmet/

"A BRIT builder has been left with ‘half his scalp hanging off’ after suffering horrific head injuries in a motorbike accident in Thailand.

Breaking your neck is a big deal, but obviously he hasn't suffered spinal injury. The scalp thing isn't anything major, it's just a flap of skin.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

in that picture quoted he is not wearing a neck brace
unless he made a miraculous recovery i would imagine he had a lesser injury or the newspapers and mum asssumed he had a serious fracture.if he is wearing a collar i would assume its just a minor injury or was just put on just to be sure.
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic