A year in Kampuchea...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: A year in Kampuchea...

Post by ExPenhMan »

What might not be clear is make sure you buy the Ordinary (former biz) visa at the airport on arrival -- not the tourist visa, which is $5 cheaper.
Stuey747
Tourist

Post by Stuey747 »

Well thanks gents for your comments... I will contact air asia about visa before flying and look for a travel on option, maybe bus or train ticket.. Have to do a bit more Googling, I think!
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I was just at Heathrow on a one way ticket and Thai air just wanted to know if I intended to stay more than 30 days. Then he found my visa. Never been a problem for me
Stuey747
Tourist

Post by Stuey747 »

Ok... no matter how I word a Google search, I do not get an answer! Asking AirAsia itself doesn't yield an answer! The simple question: Can I board a flight from Bkk to Phnom Penh with a one way ticket?
I have tried everything for a straight, simple answer but not getting one! The internet has failed me this time!
It's fast becoming an unfunny joke! How difficult can a definitive answer to such a simple question be?!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Stuey747 wrote: Ok... no matter how I word a Google search, I do not get an answer! Asking AirAsia itself doesn't yield an answer! The simple question: Can I board a flight from Bkk to Phnom Penh with a one way ticket?
I have tried everything for a straight, simple answer but not getting one! The internet has failed me this time!
It's fast becoming an unfunny joke! How difficult can a definitive answer to such a simple question be?!
Answer: Chill
-Yes you can.
-Most people manage.
-Never heard of anyone refused passage on a BKK-PP flight. Just get to the check-in with plenty of time in case you need to explain - and so you will not be stressed. The Thais know about Cambodian VOA so really no big deal.

This was the thread I meant to post before:
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/ask-the ... y%20ticket
One-way ticket problem depends on the airline - Air Asia from BKK should not be a problem. People have posted about one way tickets from NZ, Oz, small towns in the US and Europe and it has always been ok, but sometimes the airline staff take a while to check it out. Frankly you are shitting yourself for nothing. :wink:
Let us know if you're refused though. That will be a first.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What Anchor Moy said!

Flew from Houston Tex. One way no onward. No problem.
Stop your whining & get on the fukin plane will ya.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Occasionally airlines push the no onward ticket bullshit. In Australia travel agents mention it but when they are told how it is then they understand. You don't sound very adventurous to me, perhaps you are too old.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

"have lived in Thailand for..." geez guy, what's the prob? even IF you get refused boarding, you do what? a taxi ride home within the hour? It's NOT going to be a problem. It's a local thang. Now one asks you diddly coming in on a bus. Perhaps you should hit Ekamai and bus it. See some country. Enjoy lovely Poipet :) Overnight in bustling Battambang. Peruse Pursat, toddle along to PP. I don't see how yer gonna do a year there with this as a start.
Stuey747
Tourist

Post by Stuey747 »

Mr Curious...was just checking for people's experiences.. Been here a week in PP, no problem. Got a place for 200 dollars a month and made some great friends in Cascade, st 172.. I'm not a fukn idiot pal!
Cheers...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

when i did BKK>PP last year i wasnt asked, was asked from Chiang Rai>PP though but when they saw my passport full of Cambodia visas they didnt see a problem
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic