Xavier The Belgium Scammer Strikes Again! This Time at Alice Pub...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
deepakalways
Tourist

Re: Xavier The Belgium Scammer Strikes Again! This Time at Alice Pub...

Post by deepakalways »

He scammed recently (8th Apr, 2017) with his made up story that he was robbed and was in desperate help till he consulted the belgian consulate... I fell into his trap and gave him $40 ... errrr.. lesson learnt
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Post by lurcio »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:30 am He is going to need a false moustache now with all those photos online.

Francois_C
Tourist

Post by Francois_C »

Hello.
Seen1 or 2 days ago in Sorya Mall, Phnom Penh.

The first time I saw him (around Olympic stadium maybe last year), I told him calmly but firmly he was busted in Cambodia, mentioning the Facebook Cambodia Scammers pages.
I gave him 7$ to test him, and see if he would still have a few self-respect or honor.
He pretended he would give it back, and even gave me a phone number to contact him in case of problem.
The answer is, for now: wreck his teeth next time you see him.

Thanks.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Could you lend me $7....I have no teeth already!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Francois_C wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 12:02 pm Hello.
Seen1 or 2 days ago in Sorya Mall, Phnom Penh.

The first time I saw him (around Olympic stadium maybe last year), I told him calmly but firmly he was busted in Cambodia, mentioning the Facebook Cambodia Scammers pages.
I gave him 7$ to test him, and see if he would still have a few self-respect or honor.
He pretended he would give it back, and even gave me a phone number to contact him in case of problem.
The answer is, for now: wreck his teeth next time you see him.

Thanks.

So you knew he was a scammer but you still gave him money ("as a test"...WTF does that even mean?) :whip:
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Thu May 04, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

He gave him money so then he could bitch about being scammed online.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

kiwiincambodia wrote:He gave him money so then he could bitch about being scammed online.
Haha, makes sense to me. I just bought a "nice hat," and I can't to wear it on RiverSide and see what happens. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Someone on Facebook actually had something NICE to say about him:

"Xavier was a long time friend. I cannot believe I found this news by googling his name as I had noticed his facebook account disappeared . This is breaking my heart . Xavier was a magnificent unique human. Roaming the world like a lonely wolf with a huge heart, and hard to match generosity. I am devastated"

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Berta
Tourist

Post by Berta »

Excuse me i am not an expat but created this user in order to post. Only wanted to ase another scam of this guy. Me and my boyfriend just arrived to the city today (may, 8th 2017) and we ride a vietnamese bike. Police stopped us. We pretended we only spoke spanish so as not to pay anything to this guy and suddenly Xavier appeared to help us as he spoke cambodian and really helped us i belive, telling us not sign anything or saying we should go to the police station. The police guy ended up giving up and no money given to him at all so i immediately invited Xavier for a coffee because we were thankful to him. He told us thiusands of stories for 2 hours, asked us where we were going to stay, what our budget was, and we also told him we wanted to sell our bike as we are finishing our trip. He said he had many contacts to help, that we could meet him later but had no phone no wallet no passport as he had been stolen yesterday (sunday) while going somewhere. (?). We met him later same place, he asked us to pay for the moto taxi and we ended up in a horribl st where he was supposed to help us selling the bike. Nobody was in the shop so he asked us to pay for a beer in the horrible pub just across the street so he could find a friend of him (another contact). By that time we were already aware of his weird intentions, he asked us many times which hotel we were staying, we were not very clear but he knew what our preferences were and the area we booked. He also spoke a lot about phones and all the time was talking about my old iPhone 5..and all the bussines he had here and many houses he had bought in Belgium. I said i was too tired so maybe we could meet another day. he insisted asking our hotel, and then he asked us for some money (the bar had an atm inside) we said we had no enough cash and suggested the atm. We said we were looking for a different bank so we said we were gonna get cash and come back and we left. Nothing bad really happened but i think its worth to mention.
Sorry very long story but he really built up trust and that is scary, he looked like an interesting person. Great actor.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Seems Belgium Scammer XAVIER has made his way to Sihanoukville. Looking skinny with a little extra ZING in his eyes. Ice?

Google Translate:
Spoiler:
Phnom Penh: Recently, some newspapers on Facebook said that a Belgian man was stolen a bag in Sihanoukville.

After accommodation in a bungalow with a Belgian man, said his passport wallet named Verraes David Xavier Belgium (Belgium) and credit cards (credit card), and he contacted police in Kampong us to intervene to help him not to ignore it, he was also helped pay for the car to go to the embassy, ​​but active We do not have the Belgian Embassy, ​​but the Belgian consulate, also to other embassies such as France, Germany, but they help the unemployed.

Then he borrowed a computer to check emails that he sent before he contacted his brother in Belgium (Belgium), in an email to his brother money to the Belgian Embassy in Thailand and is payable at the Consulate in his courtship of 3 per year, but the first time in his life, and something like his speech to make people have some sympathy The walls, as well as raise money for some $ 10 to $ 9, and buying drinks for him to eat more in order to be able to tide one day because he left suitcases Guest must pay Guesthouse and eats. But today the TNM will describe the fact of the above gentleman, foreigners cheating the people of Cambodia and others to spare themselves for the money to be swept away and will continue to cheat.

Practical brother, a general manager at Hotel Villa de la Paix Boutique Hotel, told the TNM to help spread for Cambodian citizens to stop lying words of a Belgian top, because the individual Belgian ever to defraud the Hotel's own, using words like, above all, no different from thieves (and borrow computer To send an email to the net to send the money are the same peakyabaokabrasa). The general manager said that on June 9, 2017, the person came to his hotel, saying that he was from Sihanoukville, stealing his bag, asking him to help him stay overnight and borrowed a computer to send a mail to his brother to send money to him because his pity stayed overnight and fed up the next morning. He went out to pay money because his brothers sent him and returned to pay for the fee for staying in doubt, he asked for photographs for evidence after leaving, and as you can imagine, this gentleman did not return as promised, he asked the police to help manage this in order to prevent the scams.

So, after you hear the news, beware of the above gentlemen and report the issue to a clear inquiry, not to mislead.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic