No more smoking in public

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: No more smoking in public

Post by Mr Curious »

so how's this workin out? Is the country now wallpapered with NO SMOKING signage wherever there is not a huge beer banner? Beautiful place, can't wait to get back.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I went to a resto on Kampong Cham where there are several"No smoking or we will.bist your ass" signs. In the beginning enforcement was hard and heavy but when I asked the waitress if I could smoke outside she said there was no problem. Before I got outside she had brought an ashtray to my table. Just another scam cloaked I'm angel feathers as far as I am concerned.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Mr Curious wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:34 pm so how's this workin out? Is the country now wallpapered with NO SMOKING signage wherever there is not a huge beer banner? Beautiful place, can't wait to get back.

No change, no surprise.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

Shocking. Lovely. I will not endure 30 hours of planes and airports to end up in a place with as many stupid regulations as the place I just left. This is the Cambodia I love :)
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I think it's another one these where nobody knows who's responsible for enforcing the issue. They make you stand out in the hot sun at Pochentong. In Shv nobody gives a shit unless they have aircon, and even then they'll generally give you an ashtray with water in it. Certainly all the KTVs I've been in. No sign of any no smoking signs in most of the bars I've been to, interferes with the prerolled reefer sales.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic