Pol Pot had one !!!!

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Pol Pot had one !!!!

Post by Popeye »

If Pol Pot had one, where the fuck is it today ????

http://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/owner ... tp#image=2
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Pol Pot had one !!!!

Post by SinnSisamouth »

because he never owned one

he did have a Mercedes W115 lwb and it is still in pp as far as i know which was origanally owned by lon nol

also the same car in city of ghosts with matt damon
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

According to the link below, this pic was taken in 2014

http://www.nate-thayer.com/pol-pots-str ... am-marcos/

I'm sure I saw this car in 2000 being driven by an expat named Ray with another expat named Paul. I could be wrong though.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

is the guy in white hanno?
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Osho had a dozen!
charlie
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

There is no evidence that proves it was Pol Pots car. There used to be a Khmer guy in Anglong Veng claimed to have Pol Pots toilet seat or was it his thong.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

u mean the one in the op or the one I posted?
no he did not have one of the big open top ones

with regard to the one I posted I cant see there being more than one in cam during that time
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

willyhilly wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:41 pm There is no evidence that proves it was Pol Pots car. There used to be a Khmer guy in Anglong Veng claimed to have Pol Pots toilet seat or was it his thong.
That was Nhem En , the photographer from S21, he had his tyre sandals (which could have belonged to anyone) and a toilet (the seat is in the Red Piano in Siem Reap) and a load of photos that he was asking $1 million for about 10 years ago. He didn't find any buyers.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The care in the Pochentong photos from the 1970s isn't the same car as the one that was sold.

Here's Lon Nol stepping out of a Mercedes at the old National Assembly. Note the shape of the rear quarter glass and the chrome on the wheel arches. I think this is an S600 Pullman:

Here's the one at Pochentong from a series of photos of DK leaders meeting a Chinese delegation at Pochentong.

This is the one that was sold, the back pillar is completely different:

Of course it's possible that they were driven around in more than one Merc, but I haven't seen any evidence and those are clearly three different cars.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Well spotted Bing, Lon Nol's is indeed a 600. We know how many different models of cars there were from the old photos. I believe that apart from the ones the KR destroyed or recycled for their steel the invading Vietnamese Army stole the rest. That is what invading armies do, it's called pillage.
When the Indonesians invaded East Timor they shipped lots of stuff back to Java including cars and the windows, doors and roofing iron from houses.
In Europe in WW2 the Americans looted vast amounts of alcohol. They found a cellar belong to Goering or someone like that with thousands of bottles of good wine. The boys were pissed for days.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic