How's your New Year ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

How's your New Year ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Sitting here sweating as night falls while waves of sound, monks' chanting, surrounds me 360 degrees. Ethereal echoes are coming out of the darkness and the sound is everywhere. It is taking up all the space and there is no other sound in the sky. Suddenly the chanting stops and there is a dead silence.

It must be time for another beer.
Happy New Year all. :beer3:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: How's your New Year ?

Post by hanno »

Happy New Year. Going back tomorrow and can't wait.
iluvu
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by iluvu »

Partying at my uncle's, just drinking beer and wine. Grilled chicken and American beef are on the menu. I think I'm doing New year's at my cousin's work tomorrow. I'm hot, always hot.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Food poisoning! Wouldn't be right to have an uneventful holiday :) At least this bed is comfortable.
-insert signature here
iluvu
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by iluvu »

I haven't had a solid dookie since I've gotten here
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Whenever I was in Cambodia I would make my own food. Thought taking a chance eating out yesterday would be okay but so far that hasn't worked out.

To be fair though, my last trip to the U.S. also got me food poisoning last year.
-insert signature here
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:27 pm Sitting here sweating as night falls while waves of sound, monks' chanting, surrounds me 360 degrees. Ethereal echoes are coming out of the darkness and the sound is everywhere. It is taking up all the space and there is no other sound in the sky. Suddenly the chanting stops and there is a dead silence.

It must be time for another beer.
Happy New Year all. :beer3:
You're high again aren't you? :bow:
iluvu
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by iluvu »

I don't know how to cook my own food, my house still doesn't have sugar. All I have is beer and dryish beef.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Where is the dryish beef from? Here? Fugidaboutit! Just drink.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's quiet in the outskirts of the capital. I'm glad the main part of the family is from Chhba Ampul so there's no reason for an exodus to some remote hometown. Some of the family do come from a remote village near Oudong, it's not far from the city (40 km?) but is across the Tonle Sap and doesn't have any roads that connect to anywhere useful.I don't like spending time in the sticks.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic