Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adelaide

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adel

Post by Username Taken »

BRAT17 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:20 am there seems to be a real desire by authorities to slip him through court without the media noticing.
Wouldn't want to implicate the authorities, previous senior police or politicians would we. Pathetic.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: RE: Re: Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children

Post by Digg3r »

BRAT17 wrote: It has been suggested to me by media that there seems to be a real desire by authorities to slip him through court without the media noticing. !
Not likely given south Australian courts publish all sentencing remarks on their website.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

BRAT17
Expatriate

Re: Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adel

Post by BRAT17 »

It's not likely that they will slip him through the courts without media noticing considering the reason he is even in court goes back to my reporting in the daily metro's crimes and I have continued to support his victims during the court process and engage with media on their behalf ---- I was just pointing out that it has been suggested to me by media that there seems to be a real DESIRE by authorities to slip him through court without media noticing (or reporting).
I had some confirmation from authorities that that is indeed the wish.
I agree tho, Digg3r, it is not likely.... but not because our court system publishes sentencing remarks!
weazel
Expatriate
Australia

Post by weazel »

Sentencing for the 11th April 2017 for the Munro case has been postponed again. I will post the next proposed sentencing date as soon as possible.
weazel
Expatriate
Australia

Post by weazel »

Sentencing for Anthony Munro is now scheduled for the 7th of June.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Any reason given for yet another reschedule?

When do they start digging up the well?
weazel
Expatriate
Australia

Post by weazel »

Northern Star News published yesterday (23rd May) an article featuring allegations against Anthony Munro 'Innocence lost for cost of a coffee'. Sentencing for Munro still expected in South Australia on the 7th of June 2017. Check SA court register the night beforehand to make sure its still scheduled for the 7th if you plan to go to the hearing to show support for the victims.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Do you have a link to yesterday's story?

Also, a link to the SA court register would be good too.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Username Taken wrote:Do you have a link to yesterday's story?

Also, a link to the SA court register would be good too.
http://www.courts.sa.gov.au/CaseLists/P ... fault.aspx

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

@Digg3r, thanks that looks like the right one.

@weazel, don't bother with the link to that article. I saw that article a couple of days ago, absolute fantasy that one.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 74852f0744
I was stepping out of a speedboat in Siem Reap, Cambodia’s main tourist district, when a small boy grabbed my hand and led me down the boardwalk.

Our group laughed at the gesture, figuring he was another friendly local kid fascinated by strange-looking foreigners.

But at the end of the dock, he began leading me away from the rest of the group.

In a voice that hadn’t even broken, he muttered: “I give you what you want.”

“Huh?”

“Five dollar. You want me? I give it to you.”

It wasn’t until he glanced down at my shorts and back up that his “offer” sunk in.

This kid couldn’t have been older than eight or nine.
That article sounds more like the author, Gavin Fernando, is trying to encourage pedos to go to Siem Reap. Total BS !

Back on topic: When are the SA Police going to dig up the well?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic