USA fires 50 Tomahawk missiles into Syria

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: USA fires 50 Tomahawk missiles into Syria

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Duncan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:38 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:25 am
AE86 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 am Wrong reaction period. If the U.S. would stop trying to topple over regimes who don't use the U.S. dollar or have a central bank, then maybe the rest of the world wouldn't see it as a banker's tool for generating huge sums of digital currency.

Fix the U.S. first, fix the inner cities, fix illegal immigration, fix the economy, fix the corruption in Washington, fix the infrastructure, fix the school system, fix healthcare, fix the obesity epidemic, fix the skyrocketing cancer rates, fix the autism rates, fix ANYTHING...but no...

...let's go bomb big bad Assad because he gassed his own people...give me a fucking break.

Must be nice to live in the clouds and watch us mere mortals try and get thru life :beer3:

Russia warned before, so far NO reaction.

bombing took place late night to minimize casualties.

Was not a trump supporter but GO TRUMP

Hey that a new theory,,, bomb someone at night while they are sleeping and they won't die ?
It seems to have worked, early reports are reporting ZERO casualties from this bombing...

:stir: :stir:
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

True, arms dealers are very rich as well, which I don't see as a good thing either.

The main problem I have with U.S. intervention is that the method of "Oo, evil bad man is doing something bad to his people, we must stop him." hasn't been working as of late. Libya is a failed state, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc, and maybe the old school warhawks of the WW2 and Korean era who saw countries like South Korea and Japan benefit from a Western "invasion" might still think it works (you could argue Vietnam is doing much better vs. under French or communist rule), but it's obvious now that intervention in the Middle East is not working.

Not a single country has come out ahead in the last 2 decades, and it's this I wish the West would wake up and see, and rather than "help" the poor sand people, focus on their own people who are suffering. I really do feel badly for many Americans, genuinely, there are a lot of problems and suffering people that need help, and instead all this "money" goes to building bombs and high tech fighters vs. other good causes.
-insert signature here
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

AE86 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:23 am I'm surprised anyone buys the story that Assad gassed his own people. Makes absolutely no sense he would do that, as the only people it would help are the "moderate" rebels. This wreaks of false flag.

Here we go again...
You are in Cambodia and think someone like Assad wouldn't commit genocide? He has been routinely killing "his own people". The civil war in Syria was caused by al-Assad when he unleashed his army and air force against peaceful protesters in 2011. Then in August 2011, he launched a massive military assault on a large, peaceful Palestinian refugee camp in Latakia, filled with tens of thousands of women and children Palestinians.

Maybe you missed this one too. http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... 170208.htm
According to one former inmate, they were tortured from the moment they arrived:

"You are thrown to the ground and they use different instruments for the beatings: electric cables with exposed copper wire ends — they have little hooks so they take a part of your skin — normal electric cables, plastic water pipes of different sizes and metal bars. Also they have created what they call the “tank belt”, which is made out of tire that has been cut into strips. ... They make a very specific sound; it sounds like a small explosion. I was blindfolded the whole time, but I would try to see somehow. All you see is blood: your own blood, the blood of others. After one hit, you lose your sense of what is happening. You’re in shock. But then the pain comes."
See link for full story.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:58 am
Duncan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:38 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:25 am
AE86 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 am Wrong reaction period. If the U.S. would stop trying to topple over regimes who don't use the U.S. dollar or have a central bank, then maybe the rest of the world wouldn't see it as a banker's tool for generating huge sums of digital currency.

Fix the U.S. first, fix the inner cities, fix illegal immigration, fix the economy, fix the corruption in Washington, fix the infrastructure, fix the school system, fix healthcare, fix the obesity epidemic, fix the skyrocketing cancer rates, fix the autism rates, fix ANYTHING...but no...

...let's go bomb big bad Assad because he gassed his own people...give me a fucking break.

Must be nice to live in the clouds and watch us mere mortals try and get thru life :beer3:

Russia warned before, so far NO reaction.

bombing took place late night to minimize casualties.

Was not a trump supporter but GO TRUMP

Hey that a new theory,,, bomb someone at night while they are sleeping and they won't die ?
It seems to have worked, early reports are reporting ZERO casualties from this bombing...

:stir: :stir:
reports coming in now of several deaths from the air base that was targeted. Not sure on exact numbers now.

Also, Russia is not happy....
''The Kremlin has said the air strikes were carried out on "invented pretext" and do significant damage to US - Russia ties, according to news agencies.The US strike was "aggression against a sovereign state in violation of international law", the Kremlin said.

Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov was quoted as saying that Russia did not believe that Syria possessed chemical weapons.

Konstantin Kosachev, chairman of the international affairs committee in the upper house of the Russian parliament, said the strikes were intended to "stamp an earlier verdict about al-Assad's responsibility for a chemical attack in Idlib with gunpowder," the Interfax news agency reported.

Kosachev said on his Facebook that the prospective US-Russian anti-terror coalition has been "put to rest without even being born." Kosachev added that "it's a pity," suggesting that Trump had been pressured to act by the Pentagon.

He added that while "Russian cruise missiles strike the terrorists, US missiles strike Syrian government forces who are spearheading the fight against the terrorists."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/middle-eas ... ia-reports
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

IraHayes wrote: You are in Cambodia and think someone like Assad wouldn't commit genocide? He has been routinely killing "his own people". The civil war in Syria was caused by al-Assad when he unleashed his army and air force against peaceful protesters in 2011. Then in August 2011, he launched a massive military assault on a large, peaceful Palestinian refugee camp in Latakia, filled with tens of thousands of women and children Palestinians.
It's not a question of if Assad would commit genocide, it's a question of why he would decide to gas his own people at this time when he knows trigger happy powers that be are all too willing to jump in and remove him from power. It would take a museum grade moron to think the time was right to act out their personal gripes against a group they did not like.

That's my point in saying that it doesn't make sense.
-insert signature here
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:51 am
Yes there problems at home (and i anxiously wait to see if they are taken care of) but sometimes one must make a stand when a government is doing very bad things and no one seems to do a fucking thing about it.
Nobody seems to be doing anything about it? Didn't you know about the Syrian Rebels who have been supported by the US, UK, Saudi and other countries for years? There are hundreds of US troops on the ground in Syria now too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

AE86 wrote: True, arms dealers are very rich as well, which I don't see as a good thing either.

The main problem I have with U.S. intervention is that the method of "Oo, evil bad man is doing something bad to his people, we must stop him." hasn't been working as of late. Libya is a failed state, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc, and maybe the old school warhawks of the WW2 and Korean era who saw countries like South Korea and Japan benefit from a Western "invasion" might still think it works (you could argue Vietnam is doing much better vs. under French or communist rule), but it's obvious now that intervention in the Middle East is not working.

Not a single country has come out ahead in the last 2 decades, and it's this I wish the West would wake up and see, and rather than "help" the poor sand people, focus on their own people who are suffering. I really do feel badly for many Americans, genuinely, there are a lot of problems and suffering people that need help, and instead all this "money" goes to building bombs and high tech fighters vs. other good causes.
:thumb:
AE86 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:00 pm True, arms dealers are very rich as well, which I don't see as a good thing either.

OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

well, I would hope not in an unjustified move based on suspicion like we had in the past as the record shows.
kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:08 am
OKW wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:52 am a line in the sand is a very temporary thing, currents will erase them at any time and new ones will have to be drawn. A missile into concrete is a bit more permanent as reconstruction takes longer than just drawing another line into the sand. One would have to more thouroughly think through a missile move.
So your suggestion is to let them get away with it and just draw another line? where does it end?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ill wait for the conspiracy videos to come out before i make my decision of opinion
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

You know that Assad is in power because of American intervention, right? His dad coming to power was the result of a second CIA coup. At least he's not a God damned commie.
More locals will volunteer as Jihadists, more bombs, more death. Yay, it's got so much better

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic