How much for one kg

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

How much for one kg

Post by Duncan »

Every day i go to the markets I have to ask,,, How much for one kg. In fact i have asked so many times I can say it perfectly in khmer. About the only thing I can say in Khmer.

So how much is one kg of this stuff.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/34914805/au ... ure/#page1

900 kg at $900 million

Reminds me of the 1970 's and 80 's when police held up a dope plant , roots [ with dirt still attached ] stems and leaves , and in front of the tv crew said we found ten of these plants worth up to $ 5,000 each. The result being every school kid and unemployed maori in NZ Northland did their sums and found that if they planted ten of these in the bush, they could sell them and go out and buy a new Holden Commodore'

The following years police required helicopters and many police teams to combat the increase in growing and eventually ended up just lowering a hose from the chopper and spraying with paraquat. [ but the story does not end there ]

Perhaps we should be blaming , not the police but the tv stations for this advertising , as recent programs like CNN have shown.. If there is one thing that Donald Trump has got right , it's his view of the news media .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How much for one kg

Post by John Bingham »

I don't know how much it goes for, but that would make it $1000 a gram, which is ridiculous.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I'd say $100 Au. / point is prolly about right on the street.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

A friend of mine was arrested and charged with possesion of a couple of ounces of not very good black in the 80s. The magistrate said he didn,t believe that it was personal (it wasn,t) and said it amounted to " several hundred doses" his actual words.
My mate got 12 months suspended. sentence but appealed on the basis that the magistrate could not determine how many "doses" a couple of ounces was. He got off with a fine.
charlie
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

A point, or a tenth of a gram, seems to be a usual weight in Oz.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

A tenth of a gramme of weed would not make a joint, are you talking about harry lauder?
charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

The war continues.
charlie
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

My drug of choice is only a few Dollars a kilo:
Spoiler:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 pm A tenth of a gramme of weed would not make a joint, are you talking about harry lauder?
charlie
had to do a bit of research, hes talking about meth, its measured in points (1/10th of a gram)
with weed it would be 1/16th of an oz, 1/8th, quarter, half, ounce, 9 bar, pound, kilo? or something like that its been a while
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hanno wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:08 pm My drug of choice is only a few Dollars a kilo:
Spoiler:
pfft, you need to get on the class 'A's
Spoiler:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic