Carnage on Monivong: accident causes 3 dead and 6 injured

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Carnage on Monivong: accident causes 3 dead and 6 injured

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:24 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:14 am fuck arresting him should have let the crowd finish him off the cunt
RIP
I hope this was sarcasm :facepalm: One of the reason these "i hit one car little -> panic -> i try escape and then accidentally hit more people" things happens because of this "beat the the guy who crashed" attitude in Cambodia. I just wish you never accidentally hit anyone when driving out there.
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 am what is in the khmers ( and thai's as well) make up that makes them always want to attack people? Sure he fucked up, but....

Is it cause they know that justice will NOT be given?
Yep, so they say. So they want to give justice themselves.
nope no sarcasm
ive seen hundreds of crashes out here that havent resulted in a public beating, thieves on the other hand...

i had a crash here once, 3 guys on an old dream come at me up the wrong side of the road and hit me head on and smashed up my airblade, they quickly jumped back on and did a runner, cost me $3-400 to fix, the locals actually helped take my bike to a roadside mechanic
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

rogerrabbit wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:14 am fuck arresting him should have let the crowd finish him off the cunt
RIP
I hope this was sarcasm :facepalm: One of the reason these "i hit one car little -> panic -> i try escape and then accidentally hit more people" things happens because of this "beat the the guy who crashed" attitude in Cambodia. I just wish you never accidentally hit anyone when driving out there.
Some cases like this. Most of people who have cars drive like they will not die even traffic accident happen so they don't care about anyone else.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 am
RIP
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 am what is in the khmers ( and thai's as well) make up that makes them always want to attack people? Sure he fucked up, but....

nope no sarcasm
ive seen hundreds of crashes out here that havent resulted in a public beating, thieves on the other hand...

i had a crash here once, 3 guys on an old dream come at me up the wrong side of the road and hit me head on and smashed up my airblade, they quickly jumped back on and did a runner, cost me $3-400 to fix, the locals actually helped take my bike to a roadside mechanic
yea, they ran away before the crowd arrived to beat them ( or before u got to them )
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

prahkeitouj wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:35 am
rogerrabbit wrote:
RIP
Some cases like this. Most of people who have cars drive like they will not die even traffic accident happen so they don't care about anyone else.
:thumb:
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

If they try to escape by running is fine, but if they try to drive the cars to escape, most of them end up with sad story.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 am
RIP

nope no sarcasm

yea, they ran away before the crowd arrived to beat them ( or before u got to them )
haha
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

prahkeitouj wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:37 am If they try to escape by running is fine, but if they try to drive the cars to escape, most of them end up with sad story.
You should not try and escape AT ALL!!
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am
prahkeitouj wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:37 am If they try to escape by running is fine, but if they try to drive the cars to escape, most of them end up with sad story.
Exactly! But like said the problem here is the fear of public beating even if you are the cause of accident or not. And which some expats seems to be in favour too :shock:

Edit. and the public beating is much more common when car is involved. When bikes have collision it's rare to happen.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:29 am
Exactly! But like said the problem here is the fear of public beating even if you are the cause of accident or not. And which some expats seems to be in favour too :shock:

Edit. and the public beating is much more common when car is involved. When bikes have collision it's rare to happen.
yeah probably down to the fact the driver was driving their car/suv like a cunt :facepalm:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:29 am

I know the fear of a beating is the reason for running however it does not excuse it.

What could solve this issue is the police being trained in ''scene management'', it always amazes me when things like this happen, the amount of police that just stand looking, not moving on gawkers, not making sure evidence is collected or not damaged with people walking everywhere and best, actually watching a mob beat down a purp before stepping in before they kill them (sometimes after they have been killed).

Its a sad state of affairs when running from a scene is more appropriate than staying put because not even the police will help should it all go tits up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic