rain

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: rain

Post by Duncan »

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

hanno wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:14 pm
SinnSisamouth wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:53 pm did not rain till june I think
????

It always rains before June.
my point it the rains came later than this year
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

It's the mango rain, happens almost every year (last year maybe not). 100% happened 3 years ago yesterday, my facebook memory thing told me.
Mango showers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mango showers, or ‘mango rains’, is a colloquial term to describe the occurrence of pre-monsoon rainfall. Sometimes these rains are referred to generically as ‘April rains’ or ‘Summer showers’. They are notable across much of South and Southeast Asia, including India,[1] and Cambodia.[2]
These rains normally occur from March to April, although their arrival is often difficult to predict. Their intensity can range from light showers to heavy and persistent thunderstorms. In India, the mango showers occurs as the result of thunderstorm development over the Bay of Bengal.They are also known as 'Kalbaishakhi' in Bengal, the calamity of Baishakhi (March the April)
Towards the close of the summer season,pre-monsoon showers are common especially,in Kerala, Karnataka and parts of Tamil Nadu in India.They help in the early ripening of mangoes,and often referred to as 'mango showers'. Mango showers occurs due to *Himalayas*
700% usual, hopefully shows we'll have a more regular season this time.... hopefully.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Rained near Koh Ker yesterday morn. Rained in PP last night. Threatened rain over PP all day.

Also, this day last year according to my FB,was the day that the long drought broke.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Kampong Spooner wrote:It's the mango rain, happens almost every year (last year maybe not). 100% happened 3 years ago yesterday, my facebook memory thing told me.
Mango showers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mango showers, or ‘mango rains’, is a colloquial term to describe the occurrence of pre-monsoon rainfall. Sometimes these rains are referred to generically as ‘April rains’ or ‘Summer showers’. They are notable across much of South and Southeast Asia, including India,[1] and Cambodia.[2]
These rains normally occur from March to April, although their arrival is often difficult to predict. Their intensity can range from light showers to heavy and persistent thunderstorms. In India, the mango showers occurs as the result of thunderstorm development over the Bay of Bengal.They are also known as 'Kalbaishakhi' in Bengal, the calamity of Baishakhi (March the April)
Towards the close of the summer season,pre-monsoon showers are common especially,in Kerala, Karnataka and parts of Tamil Nadu in India.They help in the early ripening of mangoes,and often referred to as 'mango showers'. Mango showers occurs due to *Himalayas*
700% usual, hopefully shows we'll have a more regular season this time.... hopefully.
I thought about that but for some reason thought they started early April.

It's bloody muggy tonight, hope for another downpour just the clear the air.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Fine mornings, afternoon thunderstorms, a bit of rain most days, a lot of rain some days.....O Saom.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Sometimes it rains. Sometimes it doesn't.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

sigmoid wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:54 pm Sometimes it rains. Sometimes it doesn't.
Reminds me of Denley Moor :lol:

SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

id imagine this is what hell is like

stuck in a room full of brits talking about the weather and tea
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

SinnSisamouth wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:11 pm id imagine this is what hell is like

stuck in a room full of brits talking about the weather and tea
Yeh since when did expats get so bored they resorted to yapping online behind anonymous usernames talking about the weather .

Wasnt cambodia about getting wild and livin on the edge...

Look at the boring types it attracted.

Yawn.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic