Sihanoukville KTV assault; police hunt attacker

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sihanoukville KTV assault; police hunt attacker

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

They have the licence number of the suspect's Toyota Vigo with RCAF plates, but will they succeed in identifying the culprit ? Total suspense...

Police hunt KTV attacker
21 March 2017

Police in Sihanoukville are hunting a man who punched a 36-year-old lawyer in the face on Saturday when the two strangers encountered each other at the City Gold Club and KTV.
In the complaint, Mr. Rithy said his attacker bumped into him as he was walking.
“I asked him why he walked into me and then he punched me once in the left side of the face and kicked me in the stomach,” he said.
The man tried to assault him again but he decided to walk away to avoid further problems.

After that, the suspect and his companions got in a Toyota Vigo car bearing Royal Cambodian Armed Forces plates and fled, according to the complaint.

Sihanoukville police chief Pol Phosda said his forces are conducting the investigation.
“We cannot identify the suspect yet because he fled after the assault,” he said, adding that the suspect was probably from outside Sihanoukville according to the license number.

Police ruled out revenge as a motive, saying this was impossible because the two did not know each other.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/36693/ ... -attacker/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Sihanoukville KTV assault; police hunt attacker

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Photo of the suspect. (In case any City Gold Club regulars here run into him. He might be a good guy to avoid.)
https://www.tvfb.info/item/3824.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: Sihanoukville KTV assault; police hunt attacker

Post by Fourkinnel »

Er, maybe he was punched for being a lawyer? Seems fair to me!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic