Koh Phangan cop accused of assault, drug extortion against tourists

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Koh Phangan cop accused of assault, drug extortion against tourists

Post by Anchor Moy »

Since you have experience of living in Thailand and Cambodia, it would be good to have your input from Vietnam when you move. :beer3:
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:22 pmAs for Pattaya, I lived on the Dark Side for 3 years, a 10-min ride to the Beach (when Central Road and Suk weren't blocked by construction). It's sane and quite, yes, but a lot of nice locals and expats living there. I never lack for something to do.
Ive heard a few good things about the 'Dark Side'. Is there any possability of knowing where this is located?
More than just any old backpacker.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:31 pm Since you have experience of living in Thailand and Cambodia, it would be good to have your input from Vietnam when you move. :beer3:
Sure. Moving this summer from mall-obsessed Bangkok.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

snookieboi wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:35 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:22 pmAs for Pattaya, I lived on the Dark Side for 3 years, a 10-min ride to the Beach (when Central Road and Suk weren't blocked by construction). It's sane and quite, yes, but a lot of nice locals and expats living there. I never lack for something to do.
Ive heard a few good things about the 'Dark Side'. Is there any possability of knowing where this is located?
More a state of mind. LOL. Actually, it's anywhere east of Sukhumvit (Hwy 3). At the moment, it's screwed up by the Big Tunnel project splitting Sukhumvit Rd. The two northern intersections (connecting you to the beach side) at Soi Siam Country Club Road and Noen Pub Wan are supposed to be re-opened this summer. The Dark Side stretches roughly from Pattaya Nua (North) Road south to Pattaya Tai (South) Road and beyond, actually past Thep Phrasit. The major east-west roads are Soi Siam, Noen Pub Wan, Khao Noi and Khao Talo.
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

snookieboi wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:35 pm
Its the other side of sukhumvit rd in patts.

Known as the dark side as back in the day there ways no street lights.

Rumour they had a titty bar called dusk till dawn theres.
Thais are already zombies for money so no they dont transform at midnight like in dusk till dawn hahhahahah
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

Yea, i just did some research into the 'Dark side', but it seems now to be nothing special compared to what it might have in the past been. Now according to what i read, it's just a place to live cos it's cheaper, but apparently a bit boring....Unless wot i read was tripe, that is....

:popcorn:
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

If go go bars, beer bars and massage shops rule your day, then the Beach side is for you.
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

snookieboi wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:23 pm Yea, i just did some research into the 'Dark side', but it seems now to be nothing special compared to what it might have in the past been. Now according to what i read, it's just a place to live cos it's cheaper, but apparently a bit boring....Unless wot i read was tripe, that is....

:popcorn:
Pattaya is not wild like before , same as all thailand.
Most of SEA is quite tame compared to say even 8 years ago.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

Trinitysmackstain wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 am Pattaya is not wild like before , same as all thailand.
I agree with that.

Pattaya has even become 'family friendly' as of late.

Can you go into details about what it was like when it was wild, from your perspective??

:beer2: ..... :beer1:
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

snookieboi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:33 pm
Trinitysmackstain wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 am Pattaya is not wild like before , same as all thailand.
I agree with that.

Pattaya has even become 'family friendly' as of late.

Can you go into details about what it was like when it was wild, from your perspective??

:beer2: ..... :beer1:
Just more 24 /7 bars.
You could drink for days on end the party never stopped.
Soi 6 was chaos.
Imagine nanai plaza on new years eve......
That was thailand every day if the week 8 years ago.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic