Villages torched, dozens of Rohingya killed by Myanmar military.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Villages torched, dozens of Rohingya killed by Myanmar military.

Post by SinnSisamouth »

peppermintpaddy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:18 am
SinnSisamouth wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:22 am my point was brainbox u was going on about religion and dunc was talking about a race.

one does not convert to a race of people but religion

what is your point?

once you convert to judaism,you become a jew.....hmmmm,how come a brainbox like you doesnt know that?
i suggest u reread what was posted
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

peppermintpaddy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:19 am
hanno wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:57 am
peppermintpaddy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 am
SinnSisamouth wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:17 pm
Duncan wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Perhaps converting to become Jew's would get them to Israel and a new house in one of the new settlements ?
or even judaism rather than converting to a race!
i remember sammy davis jr became a jew,he was still a black man tho'....whats your point.....oh-you dont have one?
I think he converted to Judaism, but does that actually make him a Jew? I am confused....
yes it does.....
Some would disagree: "By and large, Orthodox law does not count non-Orthodox converts as Jews. ... In Reform Judaism, a child of an interfaith marriage must be raised as Jewish to be considered a Jew. If the child isn't, he's considered a gentile, even if his mother is Jewish."
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by peppermintpaddy »

hanno wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:50 am
SinnSisamouth wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:17 pm
or even judaism rather than converting to a race!
i remember sammy davis jr became a jew,he was still a black man tho'....whats your point.....oh-you dont have one?
I think he converted to Judaism, but does that actually make him a Jew? I am confused....
yes it does.....
Some would disagree: "By and large, Orthodox law does not count non-Orthodox converts as Jews. ... In Reform Judaism, a child of an interfaith marriage must be raised as Jewish to be considered a Jew. If the child isn't, he's considered a gentile, even if his mother is Jewish."
nonsense ,if your mothers a jew,youre a jew.....if you convert to judaism,youre a jew.....no matter what race colour or gender you are....samy davis and the Rohingya included....
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

SEA are still in the middle ages concerning human rights.

Admit it .
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

peppermintpaddy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:18 pm
yes it does.....
nonsense ,if your mothers a jew,youre a jew.....if you convert to judaism,youre a jew.....no matter what race colour or gender you are....samy davis and the Rohingya included....
Argue all you want, this came off a Orthodox site, maybe you want to discuss their beliefs with them?
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by peppermintpaddy »

hanno wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:52 pm
peppermintpaddy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:18 pm

yes it does.....
Argue all you want, this came off a Orthodox site, maybe you want to discuss their beliefs with them?
youre one of those people who loves an argument Hanno.....the orthodox jews are the ISIS of the jewish world.....nobody but other crazies take any heed of them...Certainly not the Israeli government.....you will always find a crazy quote on the internet if you look hard enough...as you obviously have done.....heres the more mainstream view...ie ,the one the state of Israel takes.....Judaism 101: Who Is a Jew? - JewFAQ
www.jewfaq.org/whoisjew.htm Cached
A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Aung San Suu Kyi: Myanmar's great hope fails to live up to expectations

A year after her party swept to power, the Nobel laureate faces questions over her leadership and silence on persecution...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... pectations
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

good read as well;

https://www.irrawaddy.com/opinion/days- ... ntent.html

Although the country is getting better (IE people seem to be happier, have more access to goods, internet, schools, sanctions lifted, roads improving, more freedom of speech)
there is still a ways to go on human rights and peace amongst the many factions in the country. PLUS for all intents and purposes the military still runs the government

Changes since 1988 are immense.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

good read;

http://sea-globe.com/forever-lost-meet- ... tizenship/
“Although the 1982 Citizenship Law was clearly regressive, it did not render any group of people stateless on paper,” explained Nick Cheesman, a fellow at the Australian National University and expert on rule of law in Myanmar. “Actually, it recognized as citizens those who were already recorded as such… regardless of how they were identified racially or religiously. But in the late 1980s and early 1990s when the government launched a process of re-registration, taking old ID cards to re-issue new ones, Muslims in Rakhine State were not issued with new cards even when they were legally entitled to them.

“We call ourselves Rohingya, but the government doesn’t allow us to use our name. During the verification process [for the 2014 pilot programme], the authorities told us that we would have more opportunities if we accepted [being labelled] ‘Bengali’ and got citizenship,” she said.

The designation ‘Bengali’ was also applied to some Kaman, a Muslim group in Rakhine that does feature in the list of 135 “national races”. Maung Zaw, a 45-year-old father of three also confined in the Taung Paw Camp, showed us the pink card he was given three years ago. On the card he is listed as Bengali, but he also produced, with puzzlement, his family book stating that both of his parents were Kaman.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Aung San Suu Kyi replies to critics:

Aung San Suu Kyi denies ethnic cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... -cleansing

[Good links btw PR.] :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic