More silly Questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

More silly Questions

Post by WildA »

More Silly Questions after reading reading reading...

1. I have been looking at apartment ads...is there a real estate agent liked by folks here? Curious as to how many of you guys live in "Expat" areas

2. Seems that job hunting is best with boots on the ground. And you need resumes, copies of your schooling, pics etc. Does dressing for success so to speak help?

3. Whats the best way to find a gf? Or failing that...a maid?

4. What is the english level of Cambodian folks you will meet in expat areas?
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: More silly Questions

Post by timmydownawell »

Check these Facebook groups for accommodation (I'm assuming you mean PP?). You'll get contacted by guys who will pick you up on their moto and whizz you around a bunch of places in your preferred area. Ask them to negotiate the rent down (they are probably getting a cut anyway).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PPhousing/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608853946014641/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/573562249423451/

I lived in BKK1 for six months. There are lots of western style coffee (Starbucks etc) and fast food places (Burger King, KFC etc), and plenty of bars, restaurants etc on Sts 51 & 57. Locals who deal with westerners will know enough English to do their jobs. Don't expect to have a conversation with a tuk tuk driver beyond where you are going.

Can't help you on the other questions. Maybe try khmer24.com, khmeradz.com or bongthom.com for a maid? Gf at various bars on 136.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Gf at various bars on 136
LOL

If you want your place cleaned, better pay a maid I think. Try PP expats FB page. Some people will have cleaners looking for extra work,and then she will come recommended, will be used to barangs, and may speak some English.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Thank you guys and LOL to the bar reference. I have never fed a sick water buffalo so far, and hopefully I wont.

One more silly....are there certain bars that cater to Yanks...ie do the Aussies primarily go to X bar, the Yanks to Y, the Brits to Z.......
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

WildA wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 pm Thank you guys and LOL to the bar reference. I have never fed a sick water buffalo so far, and hopefully I wont.

One more silly....are there certain bars that cater to Yanks...ie do the Aussies primarily go to X bar, the Yanks to Y, the Brits to Z.......
yanks, brits and ozzys tend to mingle, its the french that mainly have their own drinking spots, russians also in SHV
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:47 am
WildA wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 pm Thank you guys and LOL to the bar reference. I have never fed a sick water buffalo so far, and hopefully I wont.

yanks, brits and ozzys tend to mingle, its the french that mainly have their own drinking spots, russians also in SHV
snooty french, pppfffttt :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic