Villages torched, dozens of Rohingya killed by Myanmar military.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Villages torched, dozens of Rohingya killed by Myanmar military.

Post by phuketrichard »

peppermintpaddy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:39 pm wouldn't it be a good idea for the Rohingya to renounce their Religion and convert to Buddhism.....either that or move to saudi arabia,they take in muslim refugees from everywhere don't they?.....countries should ban Islam ...it causes nothing but trouble.
:facepalm: :please: :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

peppermintpaddy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:39 pm

wouldn't it be a good idea for the Rohingya to renounce their Religion and convert to

Buddhism.....either that or move to saudi arabia,they take in muslim refugees from everywhere don't they?.....countries should ban Islam ...it causes nothing but trouble.

Perhaps converting to become Jew's would get them to Israel and a new house in one of the new settlements ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by peppermintpaddy »

Duncan wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:21 pm

wouldn't it be a good idea for the Rohingya to renounce their Religion and convert to

Buddhism.....either that or move to saudi arabia,they take in muslim refugees from everywhere don't they?.....countries should ban Islam ...it causes nothing but trouble.

Perhaps converting to become Jew's would get them to Israel and a new house in one of the new settlements ?
Now,thats a smart idea.....they'd get a job as well ,building the houses....winner winner chicken dinner!
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

or even judaism rather than converting to a race!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

SinnSisamouth wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:17 pm

i remember sammy davis jr became a jew,he was still a black man tho'....whats your point.....oh-you dont have one?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

peppermintpaddy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 am

i remember sammy davis jr became a jew,he was still a black man tho'....whats your point.....oh-you dont have one?
I think he converted to Judaism, but does that actually make him a Jew? I am confused....
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

my point was brainbox u was going on about religion and dunc was talking about a race.

one does not convert to a race of people but religion

what is your point?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

hanno wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:57 am
I think he converted to Judaism, but does that actually make him a Jew? I am confused....
Interesting question. From Wiki it would appear so:
Israel's Law of Return stipulates that a Jew is someone with a Jewish mother or someone who has converted to Judaism.[17] The Israeli Chief Rabbinate requires documents proving the Jewishness of one’s mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother when applying for marriage.[18] The Office of the Chief Rabbi (OCR) has underlined the basic principle that a child is not recognised by the OCR and other bodies as Jewish unless his or her mother is Jewish.[19]

According to the simplest definition used by most Jews for self-identification, a person is a Jew by birth, or becomes one through religious conversion. However, there are differences in interpretations when it comes to non-Orthodox Jewish denominations in the application of this definition,
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

SinnSisamouth wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:22 am my point was brainbox u was going on about religion and dunc was talking about a race.

one does not convert to a race of people but religion

what is your point?
once you convert to judaism,you become a jew.....hmmmm,how come a brainbox like you doesnt know that?
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

hanno wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:57 am
peppermintpaddy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 am

yes it does.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic