Neighbour on the run after baby murder and violent rampage.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Neighbour on the run after baby murder and violent rampage.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

More extreme violence involving child-rape and murder by a neighbour...

Baby murder accused on the run after sister rape attempt
Monday, 06 March 2017
Battambang provincial police are seeking the arrest of a man who allegedly drunkenly bludgeoned a month-old baby to death out of anger after he was unable to rape an underage girl.
Sampov Loun district police chief Pich Saren said police identified the suspect as 30-year-old Hong Pisey based on victim and eyewitness testimonials, but stopped short of providing additional information.
“We are investigating the suspect to arrest him but I can’t go into the details because it could affect our investigation,” he said.

According to Mr. Saren, the suspect on Thursday attempted to rape an 11-year-old girl while she was bathing. However, his attempts were unsuccessful when she yelled for help and the girl’s mother, Prack Phalla, 30, intervened.
In a fit of rage, the suspect beat Ms. Phalla and her eldest daughter on the head with a brick before going into her home, where her four-year-old son and month-old baby were sleeping, to bludgeon them with a brick as well.

“The suspect was a drunk and he was also on drugs. We are trying our best to arrest him and to sentence him,” Mr. Saren said.
“The suspect and the victims were neighbors. We have already received the complaints and we know the suspect’s identity,” he added.

The baby died from her injuries instantly while Ms. Phalla, her eldest daughter and son are in critical condition.

A fourth victim, a neighbor who attempted to intervene and was in turn assaulted by the suspect, was injured but is in stable condition.All four victims are being treated at a hospital in Siem Reap province.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/36120/ ... e-attempt/

More detailed article:
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/i ... ly-reeling
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Neighbour on the run after baby murder and violent rampage.

Post by bolueeleh »

are they still on KR mode where life is cheap? mob justice is in order
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

If it was my children I would put my hand on a gun and start my personal manhunt.
bussterr
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by bussterr »

GOT HIM
https://www.facebook.com/cpucambodia/

Task Force BRAVO17
MANHUNT FOR CHILD MURDERER
******** ARREST MADE *********
The manhunt for the murderer of a 1 month old baby girl and brutal attack against 5 other family members ended this morning at 11.30am with the arrest of a 33 year old male at a premises in Moung Russie District, Battambang.
The intense and exhaustive manhunt commenced on 3rd of March after the suspected attempted to rape an 11yr old girl then after being confronted attacked the girls family then entered their home and attacked and killed a 1 month old baby and seriously injured a 4 year old boy.
This has been an exhaustive manhunt and I wish to personally thank all Task Force members for their commitment and helping the CPU and myself keep their promise that we would not rest until this suspect was in custody.
I wish to thank Brigadier General Chet Vanney for his tireless efforts in commanding this task force and making the arrest.
An outstanding result and something to be very proud of.
Hoang Pisey 33 years old of Battambang, will be processed at Battambang Police headquarters and bought before Battambang Court.
Once again my deepest thanks to everyone involved it what has been an exhaustive and emotional case.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Well done to all concerned. The suspect is obviously a sick and dangerous man.

Suspect in child killing arrested
Thu, 16 March 2017
Khouth Sophak Chakrya and Erin Handley

A man suspected of murdering a newborn baby in a vicious attack earlier this month was arrested in Battambang province’s Mong Russey district yesterday after a two-week manhunt, according to police.

Suspect Hong Pisey, 33, is accused of attempting to rape an 11-year-old girl before going on to violently assault her mother, her 4-year-old brother and her 1-month-old sister. The infant died from her injuries, but the boy underwent emergency surgery and is expected to recover.

Battambang deputy police chief Chet Vanny, who spearheaded the manhunt with assistance from the Child Protection Unit (CPU), said authorities had tracked Pisey to Preah Vihear, then back to Battambang...

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/s ... g-arrested
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Thank you busterr. We could do with you in Australia too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic