America , land of the free

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: America , land of the free

Post by zmth »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:48 am wouldn't a simple, "sorry, that is not allowed here, please move along" have been a better, more effective response to the situation??
:beer3:
fuck, we used to demonstrate around those same monument in the 60's
The more people they can arrest, put in jail, handcuff etc. for any reason the better it is for them
Zmth; what bs, who is them?? the government, who is made up of the people??
Yes in fact it kind of is - esp law enforcement, DEA, many other agencies. Most people who get screwed over but not all are ' nobodies ' . What do you mean by ' the people ' ? Just having right to vote does not mean all is going to be fair by no means. Did not know that about Seychelles prisoners but then again that is a very small country.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

This report clearly indicates why someone having to live in USA would have good reason to commit suicide - with cops, prosecutors, interrogators, DEA and other figures of authority, handcuffing and screwing people over such as has been done to me and others etc.

sorry for the going on and on but really need to help get this 'beef ' of mine out there

USA is worst for human rights violations. Despicable law enforcement, prosecutors,judges etc. Lawyers essentially have legalized extortion. Guilty until proven innocent practice in USA. Trumped up illegal charges against anyone are common place. Unlawful arrest and detention- inhumane treatment etc. etc. again and again never stops. One would have thought that Obama being african american and it is often the case that his race of people are often thought of as being the main victims of this inhumane, unjust treatment(though it is true not just for blacks but for everyone white black or hispanic or whoever) that he would have done something about it. But no he did nothing. In fact the situation has just got worse and worse for the general population during his 8 years while law enforcement including interorgators, prosecutors, fbi, homeland security, tsa, narc's have gained and taken more advantage of people and making up ridiculous things all the time to the detriment of the general public other than those mentioned. Also just look at the human rights violations and torture against those put in jail in Cuba after the 9-11 affair in New
York. Other examples.

1)For example with prosecutors and juries doing such as on tv a few years back Dateline_12_Minutes_on_Elm_Street.mp4 - a man was put in prison for defending himself - he clearly had reason to do exactly as he did - kill the robbers who broke into his house - and should NEVER have been prosecuted and the jury should never have found him guilty of anything.

2) Around a year or so or less tv report about a woman who reported being 'road raged' by another driver and she was the victim. Then what did the cops do - report said the cop groped her too close on the breasts while the cop said he was just searching her- and gave a coordination type test(NOT blood test but walking a straight line etc.) for driving under influence.
The cops said she failed (probably because she was only nervous about her being victim of the road rage) and she was handcuffed. I failed those tests also once in Arizona but was NOT handcuffed - afterward had a blow blood test and i was under the limit
and not charged but they still said i could have been if they had wanted to make an issue out of it even though i was under limit but fortunately they did not but only said would have to leave my car parked and they took me home and said i could come back and get the car next morning.
Anyway she was charged with dui and when took her back to station and given an actual blood test - she had NO alcohol in her blood but the dui
charges still stood i believe and the cop was not charged with 'groping ' her too close to breasts.

3) Another story: a woman tutor in late 20's was charged with sexual misconduct on a 17 or 18 year old high school ' jock' like
big guy. She was charged with being sex offendor to a minor. NOw anywone knows she did not have to twist the arm of the guy to have sex with
her. What kind of joke is that ? More likely the guy instigated the affair himself. No woman should ever be charged with sex offendor to any male
as anyone knows it is the guy very willing and not forced or coerced. She should never have been charged with anything and the guy was certainly
not mentally abused or anything or suffer any emotional ....as his parents claimed and would you believe the jury found her guilty !

Could go on and on. 99% of the time cops should NOT handcuff people as they don't do it in other countries.
And 99% of the time people are prosecuted they should not be prosecuted for anything as they don't in most other countries.
If these are not good enough reason for people having to live in USA to commit suicide then I don't know what is.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

If that had happened in the UK and that video had spread on the media you can bet your life there would have been a mass dance the next day, they would not have had enough prison cells to fit everybody in :protest:
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

Ha ha, UK UK yoohaa
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

They got all their new toys to play with, face recognition tech, scramblers and satellites, unless you do like all the other sheep, and bend over to main stream society, you end up on some list, and will be a target for bored security personel and greedy attorneys wherever you go in the world, Cambodia will then be a place where you will be a bottomfeeder, only deserving of an extended stay at the Phnom Penh Hilton.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

to keep up customer satisfaction they should alwasys ask first : "are you being served....." :Yahoo!:
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:10 pm this made me sick . so glad i left......
What happened to protect and serve???
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

this is not a contest about whose goverment is the most controlling, i would love to know what the outcome of that video was, charged? convicted? sentenced?
Don,t lecture me on what my government are doing i already know.
That would not happen here without it becoming a major story and there would indeed be a reaction, a big one.
charlie
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:10 pm this made me sick . so glad i left......
What happened to protect and serve???
haha good luck them trying to arrest me for that :fuckyou:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

What would the washington cops done to this lot?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic