Original music festival next weekend.

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Original music festival next weekend.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Truck Music Festival a unique stage for ‘original’ artists
Fri, 17 February 2017
Anna Koo

The non-profit music foundation IAmOriginal is putting on their first-ever music festival next weekend as a celebration of up-and-coming Cambodian musical talent and a promotion of the industry. Originally scheduled for this weekend, the Truck Music Festival is set to roll out on February 25 as a two-day event on Koh Pich. Formed last year, the organisation has an ambitious mission: to foster an ecosystem in which musicians can make a living out of original, innovative music.

According to Hang Sokharo, one of the co-founders of IAmOriginal, Khmer musicians tend to create local versions of music they hear from overseas, with lyrics translated into Khmer and the music then reproduced and released commercially.

“We get criticised by the border countries like ‘you stole my song, you copied my song’,” says ADDA Angel, one of the artists working with IAmOriginal. “So we felt like we have to change the situation.”

IAmOriginal also helps artists to handle production and business matters, and they provide legal support to guide them through contract negotiations and avoid mismanagement.

The Truck Music Festival is just one small initiative in IAmOriginal’s plan for the industry.

“We want to build a platform for all original artists to showcase their art, their original music. That’s why we have engaged both established artists and young artists to be featured in the festival,” Sokharo said.

The festival includes a main stage, which is constructed from a truckbed, where established artists such as ADDA Angel, Van Chesda and Smallworld Smallband are scheduled to put on 20 minute-long shows developed in collaboration with different producers specifically for the festival, as well as a smaller “rising star” stage on a smaller truck for performances by young musicians...
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-weeke ... al-artists
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
LeesaJohnson
Expatriate

Re: Original music festival next weekend.

Post by LeesaJohnson »

Hi,
Happy to know about the music festival but I want to know more about this festival so can you provide me some more information about this festival.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Original music festival next weekend.

Post by Username Taken »

It's on February 25th, so you've got another 11 months to get more info.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic