Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner Level)

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

walkjivefly01 wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:im advancing so quick with my private lessons that im getting to the stage now where i wish i could read khmer to help with pronunciations of some words that basically sound identical to the English ear, but my teacher is really good with that and really focuses on my pronunciation
Nice to hear someone is doing well learning the lingo. Are you paying $70 per month and how much time do you get for that? I was learning with a personal tutor in PP for $3 per hour if he came 3 times a week, $2 per hour if he came every day. I was trying to learn the alphabet and be able to read the language to help with pronunciations and avoid the ambiguities of transliteration. Like you I struggled with identical sounding vowels, and gave up.
yeah i pay $70 per month and thats for 3 lessons per week with a private 1 on 1 teacher, each lesson is supposed to be an hour but our lessons are often go on for an hour and half so cant complain there, its great learning new words but trying to put them into my everyday vocabulary is starting to get more difficult the more words i learn, but then again, others slot in fairly easily, its like learning anything you dont always feel yourself progressing but if i compare myself to 2 months ago, ive learnt a lot,
i do find when ive had a couple of drinks i can have full blown conversations in khmer but when im sober i over think and struggle hahaha the old dutch courage i guess haha if there was a set romany translation for khmer it would be far easier to learn
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner Level)

Post by SinnSisamouth »

but when you are drunk the listener is just nodding having no clue what your saying!

i find having a local bird does not help because they dont want you to learn!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner Level)

Post by willyhilly »

I am the opposite to Jamie, pretty good when sober. Shithouse when drunk, I tend to confuse myself with thai vocab mixed with Khmer. I must persevere, if a fucking pommie brickie can learn then so can I.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:52 am I am the opposite to Jamie, pretty good when sober. Shithouse when drunk, I tend to confuse myself with thai vocab mixed with Khmer. I must persevere, if a fucking pommie brickie can learn then so can I.
haha trust me, when im drunk my khmer is much more clear than my northern english hahaha tbh its much more clear when im sober too hahaha :lol:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
LeesaJohnson
Expatriate

Post by LeesaJohnson »

It's nice to hear about the Daily class for the learners of Khmer language.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic