School project : Looking for volunteers and interns

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Alexmerli
Tourist

School project : Looking for volunteers and interns

Post by Alexmerli »

Develop Boeung Kak Art is an association born in 2014. Its first aim was to develop Boeung Kak district thanks to artistic expression, after Boeung Kak lake was filled with sand and the land sold to companies.
Now that the district is more stable, the association took up the challenge to open a free school in september 2016 in order to give an access to education to families that can't afford to send their children to national school. We're working with volunteer teachers and a paid khmer assistant from this very district. We also provide a daily free meal and transport for the children.

In order to insure the sustainability of this beautiful project, we're looking for volunteers or interns that could help us with the school. Moreover, any activity like sports, music, circus... could be a plus to make children discover new things. If you're interested in this project, please respond on this topic or contact us at the following email address : [email protected]

To get more infos about the project, you can also find us on Facebook : Develop Boeung Kak ART
And on this website : http://dbk-art.com/en/
Last edited by Alexmerli on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: School project : Looking for volunteers and interns

Post by Barang chgout »

I'm looking for volunteers to weed my orchard....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"I'm looking for volunteers to weed my orchard...."

Yes indeed we're all looking for slave labor. If they want a qualified teacher on a long term basis they had better sweeten the pot a bit. Otherwise they'll get well meaning short term volumtourons who get warm fuzzies from helping the"less privileged". It wouldn't take much perhaps a room, spending money and a work permit. As much as I would like to see this particular project move forward, it doesn't stand the chance of a snowball in hell with such an amateurish approach.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

"Born in"

fuck!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

How many families there can't afford to send their kids to state schools? The schools are rather cheap and that neighborhood is pretty small.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Barang chgout wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:08 pm I'm looking for volunteers to weed my orchard....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Let me know when your mango's are ripe and I will volunteer to weed your orchard for one hour every day.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: RE: Re: School project : Looking for volunteers and interns

Post by epidemiks »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:How many families there can't afford to send their kids to state schools? The schools are rather cheap and that neighborhood is pretty small.
State schools are free, less a thousand riel for the teacher's apple a day and the odd 500r exam paper, but I'd imagine the relocation site, where I'm assuming they've set up this school, is probably quite far away from any state schools.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: School project : Looking for volunteers and interns

Post by John Bingham »

epidemiks wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:17 pm I'd imagine the relocation site, where I'm assuming they've set up this school, is probably quite far away from any state schools.
As far as I can work out they are still in the same Boeung Kak neighborhood.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

John Bingham wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:17 pm I'd imagine the relocation site, where I'm assuming they've set up this school, is probably quite far away from any state schools.
As far as I can work out they are still in the same Boeung Kak neighborhood.
Ah, Appears so from the website.
Alexmerli
Tourist

Post by Alexmerli »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:13 pm How many families there can't afford to send their kids to state schools? The schools are rather cheap and that neighborhood is pretty small.
Hi,
There're actually two parts of Boeung Kak. The one known for its street art, guesthouses... And here yes, most of the families are sending their kids to state school. Even if our school is also open for them, we mainly work with homeless children from the other side of the mosque. Still in the old lake's area.

Sorry if i didn't make it clear at the beginning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic