Te Teuk Pus Hot Spring near Kampong Speu.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Te Teuk Pus Hot Spring near Kampong Speu.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Hot springs to attract tourists

The Ministry of Tourism is preparing to develop a hot spring area in Kampong Speu province to attract more local and international tourists.
Te Teuk Pus Hot Spring is located in front of a mountain in Phnom Te village in Oral district, about 60 kilometers west of Kampong Speu town.

Tourism Minister Thong Khon ordered development of the area into a special attraction for the country and for the province.
He said tourism and provincial environment officials should work together to establish the hot spring area.

“The hot spring area is a rare tourist attraction and has features that can attract international tourists from neighboring countries to visit the area,” he said.
“After an inspection and study, an expert group from Japan found the hot spring of good quality for the treatment of various diseases and for skin care and beauty.”

The challenge is road and infrastructure linking Oral district to the area, which is difficult to get to, the ministry said.

Ho Vandy, the secretary-general of the Cambodia National Tourism Alliance, welcomed the hot spring idea, saying that if the ministry is taking serious action by cooperating with the private sector for its development, it will be good for the area.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/35751/ ... -tourists/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Te Teuk Pus Hot Spring near Kampong Speu.

Post by Duncan »

I think I have read the same story in the news papers ,, about 5 or 8 years ago.

Behind the news story,,,, I want to sell my land near the Te Teuk hot springs , said Mr ?????
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

I used to have to hot-wash all my plastic bags at home. This is great news. :thumb:
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

Great idea. A hot spring in a really hot place in the blazing sun. How refreshing!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Several years ago, I visited the hot springs near Fang in northern Thailand. The novelty seemed to be to buy some quail eggs, boil them in the spring then hang out and eat the eggs. There was even a geyser that erupted every few minutes.

Rotorua was better though.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:20 pm Several years ago, I visited the hot springs near Fang in northern Thailand. The novelty seemed to be to buy some quail eggs, boil them in the spring then hang out and eat the eggs. There was even a geyser that erupted every few minutes.

Rotorua was better though.
that place just smells of eggs instead
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

We rode motorbikes up to those hot springs about six years ago. The road goes through the new sugar planations where all the land was stolen, financed by the ANZ bank. As the road climbed into the hills there were more and more carts bringing out scrappy timber to feed the charcoal kilns that were everywhere.
The hot springs were contained in a big ugly concrete tank and the water was far too hot to bathe in. There was a concrete channel taking water away to some buildings in the trees about a kilometer away. This was a huge resort with a massive entry statement and dozens of timber chalets all with a tiled pool outside where the hot water was supposed to run. The place was abandoned and the termites were about halfway through eating everything.
It was a beautiful setting amongst the trees but a complete folly. The road was a muddy mess in those days but the plantation had neat barbed wire fencing. It all looked like North Queensland.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic