World's Worst Traffic Award.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

World's Worst Traffic Award.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The award for the country with the worst traffic in the world goes to Thailand

According to a study released this week, Thailand had the world’s worst traffic last year.

The research, by American company INRIX, ranked countries and cities based on how many hours an average citizen spent sitting in traffic in 2016.

The list of countries that rated as the most congested ranked Thailand at the top. Thais spent an average of 64 hours stuck in traffic last year. It’s much higher than the next entries on the list, which are: Colombia and Indonesia (47 hours spent in traffic), Russia and the U.S. (42 hours spent in traffic), Venezuela (39 hours spent in traffic), South Africa (38 hours spent in traffic), Brazil (37 hours spent in traffic), Puerto Rico (37 hours spent in traffic) and Turkey (34 hours spent in traffic).

The Global Traffic Scorecard 2016 collected data from 300 million sources and tested 1,064 cities as well as 38 countries.

Of course, Bangkok is the most congested city in Thailand. The study noted that, out of 64 hours spent in traffic last year, almost a quarter of that waiting time was during rush hour in the Asian city of angels.

As far as the global ranking of cities, Bangkok was rated as the 12th most congested in the world, while L.A. took home the winning number one spot.
Pattayaonenews.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: World's Worst Traffic Award.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the main reason i avoid bangkok like the plague, taxi straight to Pattaya the past few times ive flown in fuck that
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:48 pm the main reason i avoid bangkok like the plague, taxi straight to Pattaya the past few times ive flown in fuck that
It's pretty easy to beat BGK traffic.
Avoid flying in on (black) Mondays and Fridays, favor arrivals during WE except end afternoons.
Same once you are already in, you just need to go from A to B after 10am and avoid being on the roads at end afternoons rush hours.

I drive a lot in BGK and usually manage that pretty well.
The worst I have seen was on the eve of Songkran as I was driving to Pattaya. The other side of the highway was packed from way further than Sovanabhumi apparently to the same extend on the northern side of the city.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

use the trains, geez. at least BKK hv trains
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:48 pm the main reason i avoid bangkok like the plague, taxi straight to Pattaya the past few times ive flown in fuck that
Pattaya wasn't much of a sanctuary either last night when it took the airport bus an additional one hour to go just from the end of the freeway to Jomtien because all the traffic was reduced to ONE lane because of works being carried out on the underpass.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic