Soon direct flights Phnom Penh to Yangon

Travel plans, advice, trip reports... we want to hear it all.
phuketrichard
Expatriate

Soon direct flights Phnom Penh to Yangon

Postby phuketrichard » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Now easy to get over there and not need transit Bangkok :thumb: :beer3:
although shit hours going

YANGON — Aviation giant Emirates has announced that it will commence a direct air service between Yangon and Phnom Penh, as it makes alterations to its route from Dubai.

The airline said in a statement that after traveling from Dubai to Yangon, their plane will continue to the Cambodian capital as of July 1. The route previously included Hanoi, but there will now be a separate direct route between the Vietnamese capital and Dubai, the airline said.

The flight will depart Dubai at 9:15am, arriving at 5:25pm. It will then depart Yangon at 6:55pm and arrive in Phnom Penh at 9:25pm. The return leg will depart Phnom Penh at 11:10pm, arriving in Yangon at 12:40am, departing again at 2:10am, arriving in Dubai at 5:40am.

http://frontiermyanmar.net/en/emirates- ... phnom-penh
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate

Re: Soon direct flights Phnom Penh to Yangon

Postby hanno » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Let's see, there were direct flights from both Siem Reap and PP before and both were empty all the time and eventually stopped.
bolueeleh
chinky chink chank

Postby bolueeleh » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 pm

hahaha idiots, u connect flights between cities that hv ppl that wanted to go to, yangon n PP are considered as low tourists number cities (as compared to tokyo, hong kong, shanghai etc), they should start connect PP n yangon to these cities first before considering connecting them both, it might work if they operate low cost propeller airplanes and maybe chartered on these routes :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Postby juansweetpotato » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:54 pm

bolueeleh wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 pm
hahaha idiots, u connect flights between cities that hv ppl that wanted to go to, yangon n PP are considered as low tourists number cities (as compared to tokyo, hong kong, shanghai etc), they should start connect PP n yangon to these cities first before considering connecting them both, it might work if they operate low cost propeller airplanes and maybe chartered on these routes :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Yep, high price shitholes connecting themselves together. lol Probably after sex-tourist money.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
rogerrabbit
Tourist

Postby rogerrabbit » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 pm

bolueeleh wrote:
I wonder who is the idiot here. Emirates business plan is not get money from people flying between PP and Yangon, but from people flying PP/Yangon to Dubai/Europe :facepalm: They had same route via Hanoi before. Hanoi traffic grew big enough so now starting from July they have direct Hanoi-Dubai. PP & Yangon probably together will get 70-80% capacity on the B777. There might be cheap business class ticket available for PP - Yangon route. I have flew few times BKK - Hong Kong with Emirates and paid only 200$ for business class seat :beer3:
bolueeleh
chinky chink chank

Postby bolueeleh » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:44 pm

rogerrabbit wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
I wonder who is the idiot here. Emirates business plan is not get money from people flying between PP and Yangon, but from people flying PP/Yangon to Dubai/Europe :facepalm: They had same route via Hanoi before. Hanoi traffic grew big enough so now starting from July they have direct Hanoi-Dubai. PP & Yangon probably together will get 70-80% capacity on the B777. There might be cheap business class ticket available for PP - Yangon route. I have flew few times BKK - Hong Kong with Emirates and paid only 200$ for business class seat :beer3:
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: how many ppl fly from pp to dubai? or yangon to dubai? how many ppl would fly pp to yangon to dubai? when airline do feasibility studies they take various considerations to account, firstly what is the demand from the primary to primary, secondly if they cannot gather enough from primary to primary, they gather secondary to primary, either they are feeding another route which i dont not want to guess blindly but the post was pp to yangon, which will not be profitable, or they want to suffer loses to decimate another rival route i do not know either, either way good luck, hope u can get good tix n good routes to whatever u want to go, i dont really care if airline makes money or not
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
rogerrabbit
Tourist

Postby rogerrabbit » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:27 am

bolueeleh wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:44 pm
rogerrabbit wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: how many ppl fly from pp to dubai? or yangon to dubai? how many ppl would fly pp to yangon to dubai? when airline do feasibility studies they take various considerations to account, firstly what is the demand from the primary to primary, secondly if they cannot gather enough from primary to primary, they gather secondary to primary, either they are feeding another route which i dont not want to guess blindly but the post was pp to yangon, which will not be profitable, or they want to suffer loses to decimate another rival route i do not know either, either way good luck, hope u can get good tix n good routes to whatever u want to go, i dont really care if airline makes money or not

Qatar is doing it on Saigon route, and the times when I have took that flight, I would say 20-30% of the flight PP-Saigon-Qatar is originated from Phnom Penh. And Qatar has had this route already few years. So there are people flying from Cambodia to mainly Europe via Qatar (and Dubai in future). There are quite a lot of rich and middle class Cambodians who are into travelling now days. And the amount is increasing all the time.