The Rump fires US Attorney General

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: The Rump fires US Attorney General

Post by Anchor Moy »

newkidontheblock wrote:So the president chooses the attorney general. President issues an executive order. No law stating that executive orders are inherently illegal for a president to issue. Attorney general chooses not to follow the president's orders. So this is an excess of power?

Umm, NKOTB, aren't you a US citizen ? Did you ever hear about the US Constitution ? Executive (presidential) power is only one part of government, and the 'power' is in the institution and not the person, so the AG doesn't 'choose' to obey, or not obey, a particular person - this is not mutiny.
(Can't believe this. tongue )
The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the United States of America.The Constitution, originally comprising seven articles, delineates the national frame of government. Its first three articles entrench the doctrine of the separation of powers, whereby the federal government is divided into three branches: the legislative, consisting of the bicameral Congress; the executive, consisting of the President; and the judicial, consisting of the Supreme Court and other federal courts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... _of_powers

As things stand for the moment, the AG, and even the President of the US, must abide by the US Constitution.
(For the time being), no one is above the law, except in case of a state of emergency, when executive power trumps. Haha, sorry, that's not even funny.

I heard the new US govt is planning to abolish all logic and any sort of critical thinking, but most people won't even notice. :cavity search smiley:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

US Pres vs US Constitution. Strange times. :dark1: Just press the button.

'An epic confrontation': Trump travel ban takes US to brink of crisis
As the Trump administration prepared to challenge a ruling against its executive order on refugees and travel from seven Muslim-majority countries, experts said the US had been brought to the brink of a full-blown constitutional crisis.

“This is an epic confrontation between the presidency and the constitution,” says Marci Hamilton, a constitutional lawyer and scholar of religion at the University of Pennsylvania.

“The moment Donald Trump suggests anyone disobey the federal court order then we will be in a constitutional crisis.”...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... nal-crisis
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Its all bullshit. Media just creating a panic over nothing and its not like expats in Cambodia would have a clue whats going on. As the news pumps out "chaos" "Panic" "Fear".

The republicans are in control of the house,senate and congress and it looks they will be for many years to come as the democrats scramble as they are the ones with no identity. Was just at the embassy today, Trumps face came up on the screen while in the waiting area and everyone was clapping and talking with positive vibes. It made me feel really good seeing that unfold at that place at that time.

Unfortunately some things wont change...hating Iran...bombing the middle east...pandering to Israel...big banks still rocks and rules..But fuck it this is the closest thing to anything I ever wanted especially when it comes to Mexico and China.

Oh and its only been 2 weeks. LoL.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Oh and its only been 2 weeks. LoL."
I rest my case.
"The republicans are in control of the house,senate and congress and it looks they will be for many years to come..."

Yes and The Rump is doing a better job of alienating them than even the most radical democrat could hope for. Tha man is an unqualified amateur and you don't have to live in America to see that. And as for the worldwide media creating chaos that is symptomatic of paranoia.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Eight years of having a "professional" politician run the country sure did good. NOT! Trump is cleaning house of Obama-Iben-Lying appointees (like every other president has done.) Looks like we will have 4 to 8 years of "yellow press" to look forward to, but there is a salvation. Its called the off button on your remote or the delete key on your computer. Obama-Iben-Lying appointed a bunch of Liberal "criminals-in-black-robes" and our president is having to deal with these jerks-in high-places. After the liberal news reporting of the pre-election and poles, does anyone in their right mind really believe and listen to CNN (Clinton News Network) MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC?

We "Americans" now have a businessman that WE voted in and there is jack-sh*t any Euro-trash or foreigners can do about it but jack their jaws.(mental/verbal masturbation) President Trump is trying to drain the Swamp, get illegals out of my country, bring back jobs to Americans and prevent America from being taken over by welfare sucking, radical Muslims like England, Germany and France are dealing with now. If your from one of these countries, don't you just love your tax's going to these illegal aliens so they can repopulate your country and eventually turn it into an Islamic state? At least the illegals in America are mostly Christians. (Except for the ones Islamic-Obama let in.)

President Trump is doing everything we that voted for him asked him to do. Democrats and their kind a sucking hind-tit. Trump is the first president since Teddy Roosevelt that doesn't owe anything to anyone except the people that voted for him.(Google what Teddy did to the big corporations) He can't be bought by the A-rabs like the Hildabeast, or anyone else. And he has a good looking family, not unlike when JFK was in the white house. (except Trump's Dad wasn't a bootlegger like JFKs.)

President Trump: We that voted for you are 100% behind you, and China, Europe, North Korea, the liberal Democrats and foriegners/non-Americans/non-registered-voters on this forum can go suck eggs.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Sailorman wrote:Eight years of having a "professional" politician run the country sure did good. NOT! Trump is cleaning house of Obama-Iben-Lying appointees (like every other president has done.) Looks like we will have 4 to 8 years of "yellow press" to look forward to, but there is a salvation. Its called the off button on your remote or the delete key on your computer. Obama-Iben-Lying appointed a bunch of Liberal "criminals-in-black-robes" and our president is having to deal with these jerks-in high-places. After the liberal news reporting of the pre-election and poles, does anyone in their right mind really believe and listen to CNN (Clinton News Network) MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC?

We "Americans" now have a businessman that WE voted in and there is jack-sh*t any Euro-trash or foreigners can do about it but jack their jaws.(mental/verbal masturbation) President Trump is trying to drain the Swamp, get illegals out of my country, bring back jobs to Americans and prevent America from being taken over by welfare sucking, radical Muslims like England, Germany and France are dealing with now. If your from one of these countries, don't you just love your tax's going to these illegal aliens so they can repopulate your country and eventually turn it into an Islamic state? At least the illegals in America are mostly Christians. (Except for the ones Islamic-Obama let in.)

President Trump is doing everything we that voted for him asked him to do. Democrats and their kind a sucking hind-tit. Trump is the first president since Teddy Roosevelt that doesn't owe anything to anyone except the people that voted for him.(Google what Teddy did to the big corporations) He can't be bought by the A-rabs like the Hildabeast, or anyone else. And he has a good looking family, not unlike when JFK was in the white house. (except Trump's Dad wasn't a bootlegger like JFKs.)

President Trump: We that voted for you are 100% behind you, and China, Europe, North Korea, the liberal Democrats and foriegners/non-Americans/non-registered-voters on this forum can go suck eggs.

I've just started sucking on my first egg, and I'm going to have to say,, your right.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Well, you scared little American, you fell for his pre election bait hook, line and sinker. You were the one thumping on the Bible of the US Constitution and now you willingly overlook his arrogant flaunting of that document. But the conservative federal judges didn't. So the best you can do is drag out your tired old insults and fascist jingoism and turn your head the other way still repeating the pre election mantra of promises.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

HEY! just one thing you gotta know. Make America Great Again.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Funny how Americans love religion and seem to believe faith has something to do with right...

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

TAAB: We have to break this down to its basic components. You Assume I am a Christian/Bible thumper. You "assume" so you make an ass-out-of-whom? I am not a Christian even though I hold Christian values. As to being a "scared little American." Your the one hiding behind a forum name and I'm the one who was banned for asking to meet Trolls on a face to face. Now who is the scared little man? Please add to the discussion and keep your personal attacks to yourself and damn move out of your parents basement.

President Trump is doing everything that got my vote (and got him elected.) England and Europe is going downhill and overrun with welfare sucking muslims. President Trump has been in less than a month and has already started to drain the swamp. President Trump Will make America great again if only the Democrats will support the will of the people. I voted for President Trump and so far am very proud of him. As I've said before, all you non-Americans and Americans that didn't vote can do is verbal masturbation. Wake up world, there is a new Sheriff in Washington DC who isn't going to bow down to anyone like Obama-Iben-Lying did, won't take sh*t from any two-bit countries and will make America GREATER AGAIN!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic