There's a New World's Longest Flight

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: There's a New World's Longest Flight

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Bertros wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:tbh ive had longer bus journeys, at least you have the inflight entertainment, free alcohol, food, decent toilets and can go for a walk about,
some of the long bus journeys have been hell

hope it was worth it. don't think I would ever manage it.
I have trouble riding the bus from PP to snooky!

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
longest trips on busses i had was from my apartment in SHV to my home in Hua Hin, took 20-24hours in total inc changeovers
used to do it back and forth once a month,
its no wonder i fly everywhere now
only bus i take now is from PP>SHV/SHV>PP can do it in 4 hours if you miss the rush hour traffic either end, otherwise it can take 6 %)
That's nuts! A mate of mine, I think you met him in Kampot, was flying back to NZ after working there for a while but coming back here a month on business, was informed that his work visa had been just cancelled by his previous employer while transiting KUL on a one way ticket (yeah he's not the smartest one when it comes to visas and international travel, amongst other things). Anyway it seems the last minute KUL-PHN flights were quite expensive and his finances were meagre, so he bused it all the way back without a stopover, 40ish hours he told me! :shock: I'm sure if he was a bit more 'aware' he could have worked out something decent. He also had booked a AKL-KUL-PHN on air Asia on his way here initially without knowing it transited in Australia (he had no visa), although to his defense it was kind of a hidden transit when I looked at his ticket afterwards, but needless to say, he was fucked on that trip too. :facepalm:
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Luigi wrote:
Bertros wrote:
Luigi wrote:Sorry! My memory failed. We stopped in Moscow. The flight time is correct but not non-stop.

How is the Moscow airport BTW?
I've thought about going that route a time or 2 if flying from euro to SEA.
Just wondering if it has some decent eats/drinks or places to stretch out a bit?
other things?

cheers

Sorry Bertros, I have little memory of DME. Obviously eh!
We were there only to on/off & security check.

cheers Luigi. Not sure I'd ever go to Russia (Moscow) on purpose and just sort if thought about as a way to check it out. still might one day and try to figure a long enough layover (like one of those 20-24 hour deals you see once in a while) to check out the city. What I really didn't want was to go through DME and find out they didn't even have shitters! (Or some other such nonsense--they are Russians after all..... :evil: )

A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Bertros wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:tbh ive had longer bus journeys, at least you have the inflight entertainment, free alcohol, food, decent toilets and can go for a walk about,
some of the long bus journeys have been hell

hope it was worth it. don't think I would ever manage it.
I have trouble riding the bus from PP to snooky!

cheers

longest trips on busses i had was from my apartment in SHV to my home in Hua Hin, took 20-24hours in total inc changeovers
used to do it back and forth once a month,
its no wonder i fly everywhere now
only bus i take now is from PP>SHV/SHV>PP can do it in 4 hours if you miss the rush hour traffic either end, otherwise it can take 6 %)
I could not have done that.... I need to shit at least every 20 to 24 hours and I can't on a bus.
bet you didn't even get frequent flyer miles out of it! :shock:

cheers

Bertros
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Qatar have announced a direct flight from Doha to NZ- 17 hours 30 minutes - it will be the longest flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

yeah, more time for orgies in the crew cabin :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

rozzieoz wrote:Qatar have announced a direct flight from Doha to NZ- 17 hours 30 minutes - it will be the longest flight.
World's longest non-stop commercial flight lands in New Zealand
Qatar Airways flight from Doha to Auckland arrives after 14,535-kilometre trip which took 16 hours 23 minutes.

The world’s longest commercial flight landed in New Zealand on Monday with the arrival of Qatar Airways’s 14,535km (9,032-mile) Doha-Auckland service.
“We’ve officially landed in Auckland,” the airline tweeted as flight QR920 landed at 7.25am (6.25pm GMT on Sunday), five minutes ahead of schedule after a flight lasting 16 hours and 23 minutes.

There were four pilots on board as well as 15 cabin crew who served 1,100 cups of tea and coffee, 2,000 cold drinks and 1,036 meals during the flight.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... aland-doha
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
rozzieoz wrote:Qatar have announced a direct flight from Doha to NZ- 17 hours 30 minutes - it will be the longest flight.
Qatar Airways flight from Doha to Auckland arrives after 14,535-kilometre trip which took 16 hours 23 minutes.

The world’s longest commercial flight landed in New Zealand on Monday with the arrival of Qatar Airways’s 14,535km (9,032-mile) Doha-Auckland service.
“We’ve officially landed in Auckland,” the airline tweeted as flight QR920 landed at 7.25am (6.25pm GMT on Sunday), five minutes ahead of schedule after a flight lasting 16 hours and 23 minutes.

There were four pilots on board as well as 15 cabin crew who served 1,100 cups of tea and coffee, 2,000 cold drinks and 1,036 meals during the flight.

I can just see the passengers lined up at the Doha airport. Hundreds of Maori's who just cannot wait to get back to NZ to get a feed of puha and kina. Looks like its a once a week financially uneconomic flight just to say '' hey we have the longest flight in the world ''
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Duncan wrote:
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:

I can just see the passengers lined up at the Doha airport. Hundreds of Maori's who just cannot wait to get back to NZ to get a feed of puha and kina. Looks like its a once a week financially uneconomic flight just to say '' hey we have the longest flight in the world ''
Now that's a mental picture that will be difficult to be rid of. :beer3:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Australia-UK: First non-stop flight arrives in London from Perth
25 March 2018
The first scheduled non-stop flight between Australia and the UK has touched down in London's Heathrow Airport.

Qantas Flight QF9 completed its 14,498km (9,009-mile) journey from Perth in just over 17 hours.

The airline is using the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, which is twice as fuel-efficient as the Boeing 747.

It is part of ambitious plans by Qantas to add ultra long-haul flights to its schedules.

The Australian flag carrier's Chief Executive, Alan Joyce, has called the new Perth-London service a "game-changing route".

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Flown from Perth to London a few times. 17 hours is a long trip but with a couple of hours stopped in Abu Dahbi thrown in, the old flight took considerably longer.....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic