Where to buy coffee beans

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
jeremybw1
Tourist

Where to buy coffee beans

Post by jeremybw1 »

Hey all, after one too many sugar buzzes from the condensed milk loaded street (maybe actual maybe not) coffees I caved and bought a French press. Now where in Phnom Penh can I buy decent coffee beans that won't break the bank?

Thanks,

Jeremy
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Where to buy coffee beans

Post by epidemiks »

Sin Veng Yu is a good place to start. Lao and Cambodian beans. Starting around $8/kg

https://goo.gl/maps/KTcF6w4knPw
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

I would like to put the same query to the caffeinated of SHV.

Adonde de frijoles cafe amigos.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Luigi wrote:I would like to put the same query to the caffeinated of SHV.

Take a left after Samudera, on the road with the bike shops, it's on the left. Never actually bought any there though (as I prefer to go enjoy one in a cafe, will drink too much if I have some stocked at home)
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Raybull wrote:
Luigi wrote:I would like to put the same query to the caffeinated of SHV.

Take a left after Samudera, on the road with the bike shops, it's on the left. Never actually bought any there though (as I prefer to go enjoy one in a cafe, will drink too much if I have some stocked at home)

Thanks for that, but that is where I have been buying & the last couple times I bought the $20 kilo & found it sub par from previous purchases. I realize any agricultural product will have variations in quality but thought the lack of perceived quality was a roasting issue.

Stateside I would buy the beans green & roast them myself in a popcorn popper. Works well.

Know of other SHV roasters?
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Not here. In Kampot they have one or two.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Anyplace with decaf coffee beans?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic