new upredictable USA will start today

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: new upredictable USA will start today

Post by bolueeleh »

anyone on this forum import stuffs directly from US? i.e. medication, tools etc?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

bolueeleh wrote:anyone on this forum import stuffs directly from US? i.e. medication, tools etc?
Used cars maybe. :hattip:
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

frank lee bent wrote: my bet is that the USD will go down in order to discourage imports and encourage manufacturing in USA.

i highly doubt that USA will ever be able to produce their own clothing and footwear- cornerstones of trade.
Wouldn't that be nice. Won't hurt anyone from US, but will help ukers and excons with savings.

I heard Chinese wages have risen 20% in last few years. Maybe they won't be the cheap sweatshop country for much longer vs yesteryear.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

china already cannot find workers in sweatshops at home
that is why they come to cambo, bangladesh, vietnam
they are developed now
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Nothing will change. The Empire has simply replaced the figurehead emperor in order to create the illusion of change and to keep the masses distracted, so that they continue to work and consume.

Always expect more of the same.

What changed when Obama became emperor? How was it different from when Bush was "in office"?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Raybull wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:anyone on this forum import stuffs directly from US? i.e. medication, tools etc?
cars would be less likely. Mostly asian cars on the road, not only because they are produced next door. Even in South America cars imported from the US are Asian or European models.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I'm surprised at how few Chinese cars there are here, as in manufactured in China. In Laos there's loads and cheap as chips
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

sigmoid wrote:Nothing will change. The Empire has simply replaced the figurehead emperor in order to create the illusion of change and to keep the masses distracted, so that they continue to work and consume.

Always expect more of the same.

What changed when Obama became emperor? How was it different from when Bush was "in office"?

''How was it different from when Bush was "in office"?

WMD's
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

OKW wrote:
Raybull wrote:
cars would be less likely. Mostly asian cars on the road, not only because they are produced next door. Even in South America cars imported from the US are Asian or European models.
Lots of asian and europeen model cars are made in the USA, and moreso will in the near future (unless they revamp their factories to produce all models they wish to sell there, which is not very feasible). Most asian car models here are imported from the USA and Europe. Thai and Jap produced cars for their own market are RHD and useless here.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Raybull wrote:
OKW wrote:
Raybull wrote:
Lots of asian and europeen model cars are made in the USA, and moreso will in the near future (unless they revamp their factories to produce all models they wish to sell there, which is not very feasible). Most asian car models here are imported from the USA and Europe. Thai and Jap produced cars for their own market are RHD and useless here.
RHD useless for Cambodia noone doubts. Most European and Jap cars produced in the US are for the US market, cheap labor so US clientel can afford them. Europe does not produce cars for their own market in the US. (quality is not the same) See Chrysler/Mercedes marriage and divorce. Chrysler did find a new more suitable partner, FIAT. While we
see European and Asian cars on the road worldwide, you will see a small minority of American cars outside of the US of A. As for more foreign cars made in the US in the near future, don't count on it. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic